The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-25-2002, 07:08 AM

maple!! IC I think... but... all I did was copy exactly what you'd typed in the earlier post... probably you added a LOT of spacers in an attempt to avoid all the "scrunching"! By replacing all of your '.' (periods) with single spaces, it fits into your 'space' much better...

here's the "actual code"... not a braintwister at all!!:
Code:
(code)
& 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4
C     G       F   F   F       G
(/code)
NOTE that in the example above, you've got to replace the '(' with '[' on the left side of "code" and "/code" and the ')' with ']' on the right side... other than that, it's a cut 'n paste (like your Notepad endeavors!), and spacing, etc., will be exactly as you type it/see it.

anyway, here's how it displays:
Code:
C     G       F   F   F       G
NOTE 2 !!!!!!: the above is NOT what mapletrees was demonstrating... just an example of how he might show what he's talking about!!

Not too difficult, if you're really wanting to show what is done, when and where!! 'Course that's easy for ME to say, since I work with it and understand it!! On the flip side... I have NO IDEA what you're talking about in this thread... REALLY!! Just trying to help you make your point with them what DO!!

"Experience is something you get just after you needed it!"

Last edited by NdaBoonies; 05-25-2002 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:39 AM

Smile

Ndaboonies...

the thread has turned to crows and weasels...

wrong numbers lately...over and over...

do you not know the crow rhyme?

getting back to that code stuff...I'll try to figure it out...but later...later said Toad...I'll just leave it in English for now..head is not working well enough to understand what I read very well...

just for the record if anyone is looking at this...the last stuff that is typed out (where you were demonstrating the 'code' thing) there is NOT correct, right? the way it looks on my screen, everything after the first C chord is typed out as happening on the beat...and I wanted it off....

like I said I'll just stick with English...anyone who wanted to could just write out on paper the rhythm and I won't have to worry about the Toasto-matic difficulties....
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 05-25-2002, 11:45 AM

Exclamation Criminal

just to let you know...the Notepad Project never really took off...

I didn't try to use it here on this forum...but when I try to use the Notepad thingy...the toaster whizzes, whirrrrrrrrrrrrrs, and hums for about 30 seconds, seems to hold up a white flag, and declares something about an 'illegal operation' (I never divided by anything that could be zero...I'm sure of it) and freezes up and/or shuts down whatever I'm doing....

what's that all about?
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 05-25-2002, 11:53 AM

Smile Regrouping.....

Quote:
Originally posted by mapletrees
again...two measure pattern here....

we think of it as beginning on the offbeat (the &) of 4

basic 'end of neck' beginner chords...

C on the & of 4 to get going

G on the & of 3 in the first measure

F on the & of 4 in the first measure

F on the & of 2 in the second measure

F on beat 3 in the second measure

G on the & of 3 in the second measure

which brings you right back to C on the & of 4

let me check my typing.....

We'll just go with this 'in English' way again (for now)....

anyone can write out

& 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 on paper and write in the appropriate chord name in the appropriate place if they want to ...
Old 05-25-2002, 11:57 AM

Smile

gotta run...checked my thermometer...

it's finally getting warm enough for melting to occur...

not patient enough to wait until Monday, either...
Old 05-25-2002, 12:49 PM

Lightbulb Eureka... I think????

mapletrees... I'm v-e-r-y sorry if I introduced "crows and weasels" into this thread... I guess I do not know the crow rhyme... anyway... with this post, I'll stop interrupting... carry on!! ...and, again, sorry!!

- - - - - -

Okay... following along with your English, maple, I come up with something like this:
Code:
C           G   F       F F G
(If anyone is reading this and it's not right, it's MY fault... NOT mapletree's!!)

- - - - - -

P.S. - Hah! Somewhat patriotic, maple, in an edible sort of way... what with all the whipped white and juicy reds 'n blues!!

P.S. 2. - Sounds like your 'Notepad' executable (program) file is corrupt, what with the 'General Protection Fault' and 'divide by zero' error!!??? I've noted from earlier posts that the 'puter you're using seems to be under someone else's control (maybe through a network and or a firewall?) with lots of safeguards and protections against the user doing much of ANYTHING!??

"Experience is something you get just after you needed it!"

Last edited by NdaBoonies; 05-26-2002 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:35 PM

Smile

yes, yes, yes,....

.....red, white, and blue...that was the thrust....

leave the last sentence alone.....or take it to Harmony Central...

Ndaboonies...you're not interrupting...it's not my thread...nor forum.....and you're only trying to help for pete's sake.....

that looks good above...extremely helpful...stay tuned cuz you'll have to put in the W's fof percussive whacks...

NOTE: The W won't represent a chord...

there's no W chord...no matter how high up the neck you go...I won't finish that sentence......again...HC forum stuff...can you figure out who I am over there?

onward...
Old 05-26-2002, 07:57 PM

Smile

Why would anyone care to? is a perfectly fine response.....

onward...remember the point temporarily here was to show how a typical instructional book, article, or whatever - would show you how to start connecting triads around the neck to form 2nd guitar parts, fills, etc.....
Old 05-26-2002, 08:03 PM

Smile

just pick one of the C major triads....

say this one xx 10 9 8 x.....

Q? can you find an F major triad right above it? right below it?

Ans: yes. yes.

well, if you define right above and right below, Daddy....

and, and, and how do you play these d*$n things.....I'm getting a bunch of unwanted string noise....

just keep at it...just keep at...

don't drool corn flakes at your father.....
Old 05-26-2002, 08:11 PM

Smile

One is for bad news

Two is for mirth

Three is a wedding

Four is a birth...

....you don't know this?

Hey? Do such things fall under Paganism?

if we play C major as xx 10 9 8 x

and F major as xx 10 10 10 x take note of how they 'connect'

if we play C major again as xx 10 9 8 x

and F major this time as xx756x take note of how they 'connect'
Old 05-26-2002, 08:17 PM

Smile

in both of the examples above, at LEAST one note of the C chord only had to move a half-step or a whole-step to find a note of the following F chord...and actually in one of the examples they shared a common note fingered in the exact same spot on the fretboard.....

Well I'll be d$mn*d ,says Beavis.

Fire!

Last edited by mapletrees; 05-26-2002 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:24 PM

Smile

Five is for riches

Six is a thief

Seven is a journey

Eight is for grief...

Words and numbers.....like....they like....suck and stuff, said Butthead...

What about the other C triads...?

now wait a second, Daddy....first what about that same C triad moving up and/or down to G triads....

okie....we go that way....
Old 05-26-2002, 08:38 PM

Smile At my age I need smoothage, not roughage, says Archie....

if you again play the C chord as xx 10 9 8 x

we can move 'up' to the G chord as

xx 12 12 12 x

or 'down' to the G chord as

xx978x

smooth connection again? movement of a half-step? or whole step? or common tone?
Old 05-26-2002, 08:41 PM

Smile

Always the case?...if we started with any of the three C major triads?

what about any F to G?

what about any G to F?
Old 05-29-2002, 07:39 PM

Smile

short posts...

someone zap that post count thing....I'm going to unfairly rack up a brazillion.....

king....

King?

don't wanna be a king....

when the game is over....the pawn and the king go back in the same box....

think I read that in Reader's Digest while in the reading room long ago....

doesn't matter where it comes from...

sticks...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell