The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Arrow *SOLD* 2020 Gibson Custom Shop 1936 Advanced Jumbo. *Price Drop*

**Disclaimer: I'm listing this to get some interest going, but depending on how long the brutal winter cold-snap continues, I will mutually agree on ship date with the buyer**
**NO TRADES**

I've loved owning this guitar and it's very unique and beautiful, but I'm continuing my slow downsizing and decided to be happy with my J45 Standard as my only Gibson Acoustic. I bought this one here on the forum last year and it's barely a few months old.

Full specs can be found on the Gibson Website here:
https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/ACCKA4...ntage-Sunburst

Highlights include: East Indian Rosewood back and sides, torrefied Adi top, hide glue construction, Waverly tuners and 1.72" bone nut. It also has the super thin nitro finish that looks kinda' grainy due to it sinking into the pores of the wood and the VOS finish gives it a hazy / lightly aged look. She's a beauty for sure!!

Condition is excellent. It’s been played, but very sparingly. The sunburst on this thing is astounding! The only minor defect worth noting is in the last photo. There is a small chip along the bottom edge of the back. Nothing you notice without really searching around. Othewise, I'd say it's 95+% overall condition. No fret wear. Includes the sweet, purple-lined "redline" vintage-look case, which is in perfect shape. These are really similar to the Collings handbuilt cases, but not quite to that level of quality.

*NOW $3,300*
Asking $3,500 PayPal'd and Shipped.

These MAP for $4,999 and dealers don't discount much lately (certainly not 30%!!). Save yourself some money on a VERY lighly played one! NO TRADES at this time. Smoke-free, Pet-free home. No odors of any kind on the guitar or in the case and always kept properly humidified. Shipping to ConUS lower 48 only to US based buyers.

Last edited by mattcran; 02-24-2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:33 PM
Charter Member

Bump.............

Last edited by mattcran; 02-13-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

Bump it up!
Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

beautiful guitar!
d
Old 02-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
beautiful guitar!
d
Thanks Daryl! I just dropped the price as well to sweeten the deal!
Old 02-23-2021, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Oh man! If I didn't have an AJ already I'd be all over this deal. I can't imagine a J45 Std beating this beauty out but everyone's tastes differ.

GLWS

Some guitars
Old 02-23-2021, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

sweet ! I've got southern jumbo 1942 version LOVE that guitar to pieces !
Old 02-25-2021, 02:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcran View Post
**Disclaimer: I'm listing this to get some interest going, but depending on how long the brutal winter cold-snap continues, I will mutually agree on ship date with the buyer**
**NO TRADES**

I've loved owning this guitar and it's very unique and beautiful, but I'm continuing my slow downsizing and decided to be happy with my J45 Standard as my only Gibson Acoustic. I bought this one here on the forum last year and it's barely a few months old.

Full specs can be found on the Gibson Website here:
https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/ACCKA4...ntage-Sunburst

Highlights include: East Indian Rosewood back and sides, torrefied Adi top, hide glue construction, Waverly tuners and 1.72" bone nut. It also has the super thin nitro finish that looks kinda' grainy due to it sinking into the pores of the wood and the VOS finish gives it a hazy / lightly aged look. She's a beauty for sure!!

Condition is excellent. It’s been played, but very sparingly. The sunburst on this thing is astounding! The only minor defect worth noting is in the last photo. There is a small chip along the bottom edge of the back. Nothing you notice without really searching around. Othewise, I'd say it's 95+% overall condition. No fret wear. Includes the sweet, purple-lined "redline" vintage-look case, which is in perfect shape. These are really similar to the Collings handbuilt cases, but not quite to that level of quality.

*NOW $3,300*
Asking $3,500 PayPal'd and Shipped.

These MAP for $4,999 and dealers don't discount much lately (certainly not 30%!!). Save yourself some money on a VERY lighly played one! NO TRADES at this time. Smoke-free, Pet-free home. No odors of any kind on the guitar or in the case and always kept properly humidified. Shipping to ConUS lower 48 only to US based buyers.

I’m glad someone bought this and saved me some money :-)
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars