The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-21-2002, 08:50 AM

Default band-in-a-box

I've been using Band-In-A-Box software to practice to for almost 5 years...a sax player turned me on to it. They have a demo on their website.

It comes with Roland Virtual Sound Canvas but you can drive it with almost anything. You can transpose, speed up, slow down, and there are songs and styles to practice to for just about anyone.

Anyone else tried it?

www.pgmusic.com
Old 06-21-2002, 09:36 AM

Default Got it and Love it!

Yeah, I've been using BinaB for quite a while. I use it to drive my Roland drum machine (can't remember which model). This gives me better sound than my computer's sound card and I don't have to do all the tedious programming of my own rhythm parts.

There's a huge variety of styles and songs, and it's a blast to mix and match. Say, take a blues song and do it in Reggae style. Or take a Rock song and do it as a Samba. Very, very fun!
Old 06-29-2002, 09:46 AM

Yep, been using it since 1995. I use just bass and drums for backup accompanyment for solo gigs in minidisc.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell