The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-13-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The puck just dropped. I'm back in Canada for the week-end so I'm watching the Hockey Night in Canada feed.
1-0 Flyers after the first period. Scored on a late powerplay. I thought the boarding call was iffy especially with some of the earlier hits on the boards (ie on Sheary) getting no call. Pretty tight period otherwise. Sid needs to get it going in the second.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-13-2018, 07:53 PM

Flyers bring a better effort. Beat the Pens 5-1. Philly's special teams were a lot better than the Pens. Series tied 1-1.

Game #3 on Sunday at 3 PM.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Flyers bring a better effort. Beat the Pens 5-1. Philly's special teams were a lot better than the Pens. Series tied 1-1.

Pens were all over them....Elliot had the answer. Game 3 will have some fisticuffs
Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 PM

Jets leading series against Wild 2-0

Go Jets Go!!!!
Old 04-14-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:

I only watched the first period. Looks like I didn't miss much excitement from the Pens' side. Did Letang make it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside_Guitar View Post
Jets leading series against Wild 2-0

Go Jets Go!!!!
It's a great story. Hard to believe it took them this long to make any kind of playoff statement since leaving Atlanta.

Was this the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise's first playoff win ever? Excluding the original Jets.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Pens were all over them....Elliot had the answer. Game 3 will have some fisticuffs
Yeah, Pens played well at even strength, outshot the Flyers 35-20, and had chances galore, but Elliot was up to the challenge.

Quote:
I only watched the first period. Looks like I didn't miss much excitement from the Pens' side. Did Letang make it back?
Letang made it back to the bench before the 2nd period ended, but didn't play until the 3rd period. He appeared to be fine.

In other news I was gratified to see the NHL has suspended Leafs center Nazem Kadri for 3 games for his hit(s) on the Bruins Thomas Wengels. Not pleased that the Jackets Josh Anderson and the Caps Tom Wilson were not given suspensions for their head hunting. Typically mixed message from the NHL...sigh.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-14-2018, 07:00 AM

Watched the summaries for the two games in the Western Conference this morning. Congrats to the Jets and Knights; both now up 2 games to none in their series.

Fleury looked great for Vegas in a double OT 2-1 win.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-14-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Pens played well at even strength, outshot the Flyers 35-20, and had chances galore, but Elliot was up to the challenge.

Letang made it back to the bench before the 2nd period ended, but didn't play until the 3rd period. He appeared to be fine.

In other news I was gratified to see the NHL has suspended Leafs center Nazem Kadri for 3 games for his hit(s) on the Bruins Thomas Wengels. Not pleased that the Jackets Josh Anderson and the Caps Tom Wilson were not given suspensions for their head hunting. Typically mixed message from the NHL...sigh.
Yep, 3 games. Just watched a couple of TSN analysts talk about it. One guy thought it would be 2 maybe 3 games. The other guy was hoping for more. You never know when it comes to the playoffs but Kadri has a history.

Hats off to Ken Hitchcock who's retiring. He has the 3rd most coaching wins in the NHL. Amazing. I had to look it up but he won a Stanley Cup with Dallas in '99. What I don't have to look up is that was when Brett Hull scored the OT goal to win the cup against Buffalo with a skate in the crease.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:45 PM

Cool Pens getting ready for a brawl

Patric Hornqvist....he's trouble waiting to explode! Hard player, but slightly on the dirty side Gordie Howe would love to get him behind the net
Old 04-14-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Patric Hornqvist....he's trouble waiting to explode! Hard player, but slightly on the dirty side Gordie Howe would love to get him behind the net
Patric is an excitable kinda guy. I love his enthusiasm, but occasionally his emotions do override his good sense. Mostly he drives the opposition nuts with his relentless puck pursuit, and he takes a heckova lot more abuse than he dishes out. I have a feeling Mr. Howe would have appreciated the warrior mentality of Mr.Hornqvist, and would've invited him to a private picnic behind the net featuring a knuckle sammich buffet.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-14-2018, 08:16 PM

Top seeds, Tampa and Nashville both won the second game of their respective series to take 2-0 leads.

Bruins leading the Leafs 5-2 after two periods.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Pens beat the Flyers 5-1 to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Sid with 4 points- of course, it's Philly.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-15-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Pens beat the Flyers 5-1 to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Sid with 4 points- of course, it's Philly.
I only saw the last couple of minutes of the game because I was on a flight but looks like another great game by Crosby, Murray, and gang.

The Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak line has 20 points in their 2 games against the Leafs ... Wow.

Also rooting for Winnipeg and Las Vegas (because of Fleury).
Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 AM

I'm enjoying this Bruins/Leafs seriously immensely, but I find it hard to believe that Toronto is going down so meekly. That's a good team, we're going at least 6 I think.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I only saw the last couple of minutes of the game because I was on a flight but looks like another great game by Crosby, Murray, and gang.

The Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak line has 20 points in their 2 games against the Leafs ... Wow.

Also rooting for Winnipeg and Las Vegas (because of Fleury).
The M-B-P line for Boston is on fire. Simply dominant. Boston looks nearly unbeatable.

In other games Vegas took a 3-0 series lead with a 3-2 come from behind win over the Kings. Fleury was once again outstanding. And the Blue Jackets beat the Caps in OT 5-4 to take a 2-0 series lead. The Wild got back into their series (2-1) with the Jets with a 6-2 win at home.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic