The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-18-2018, 07:06 PM

I've got the Pens game on. Crosby just became the Pens all time leading playoff points scorer, passed Lemieux. Looks like Malkin is only a few points behind.

4-0 Pens in the 3rd.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I've got the Pens game on. Crosby just became the Pens all time leading playoff points scorer, passed Lemieux. Looks like Malkin is only a few points behind.

4-0 Pens in the 3rd.
Pens win 5-0 and take a 3-1 lead in the series!!!! Sid is amazing! I wonder how Mario feels about Sid taking over the franchise lead in playoff points?

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens win 5-0 and take a 3-1 lead in the series!!!! Sid is amazing! I wonder how Mario feels about Sid taking over the franchise lead in playoff points?
I was thinking about that last night. I bet Mario spent some sleepless nights last year thinking about whether he should leave Crosby unprotected for the Vegas expansion draft, lol. Seriously though, I'm sure Mario is fine with it. Mario played about 50 less playoff games.

Go Bruins! Puck drops in 1 hour. I'll also be following the Blue Jackets too.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:22 PM

I'm sure that the time difference in the west coast games wouldn't have the most argent eastern time zone hockey fans staying up after midnight to watch west coast hockey games. Haven't heard a word about the Sharks sweeping the Ducks and outscoring them 16 to 4 in the 4 games. Martin Jones had a great series along with new additions Evander Kane and Eric Fehr. And now the Sharks can roll four good lines with the fourth line having a great series against the Ducks.

It ought to be a great series between the Sharks and the Golden Knights. Who knows maybe Joe Thornton will make an appearance in this series.
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 04-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about that last night. I bet Mario spent some sleepless nights last year thinking about whether he should leave Crosby unprotected for the Vegas expansion draft, lol. Seriously though, I'm sure Mario is fine with it. Mario played about 50 less playoff games.

Go Bruins! Puck drops in 1 hour. I'll also be following the Blue Jackets too.
According to my wife Mario asked Sid after the game: "What took you so long?"

Bergeron was a late scratch with an upper body injury, but the Bruins beat the Leafs 3-1 and go up in their series by the same tally. Bruins rolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush Tom View Post
I'm sure that the time difference in the west coast games wouldn't have the most argent eastern time zone hockey fans staying up after midnight to watch west coast hockey games. Haven't heard a word about the Sharks sweeping the Ducks and outscoring them 16 to 4 in the 4 games. Martin Jones had a great series along with new additions Evander Kane and Eric Fehr. And now the Sharks can roll four good lines with the fourth line having a great series against the Ducks.

It ought to be a great series between the Sharks and the Golden Knights. Who knows maybe Joe Thornton will make an appearance in this series.
Thanks for weighing in Tom! I confess I don't follow the Western Conference very much. I had no idea Eric Fehr was with the Sharks! Was he centering their 4th line that you alluded to as having a great series against the Ducks? Also, is there really a chance that Joe Thornton could return to play in the playoffs?

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 AM

Last night should silence the local anti-Tukka crowd. For a little while anyway. The Bruins were outplayed for most of the night and he helped keep them in it. I know that type of game quite well, for years the B's would outplay Montreal for the bulk of the game, but had trouble scoring. It would take just a couple of mistakes and bang-bang, they'd lose. It's nice being on the other side of that for a change. This is the first season in years - nay, decades - where a Bruins team has had offensive firepower like this.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:01 PM

Yes Eric Fehr is centering the fourth line with Marcus Sorensen and Melker Karlsson which had 8 points (4 goals, 4 assists) against the Ducks.

I think the Sharks will be holding out Joe at the beginning of the Vegas series for more speed to match up better with Vegas. But if the Sharks fall into a hole and get behind Vegas, they might be forced to insert Joe out of desperation. We'll have to see as the Sharks are playing very well right now without him.

One thing thats an advantage to living in the west (regarding hockey) is that we get to see more teams than perhaps living in a later time zone. We get both early and late games.
Tom
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 04-20-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Yes Eric Fehr is centering the fourth line with Marcus Sorensen and Melker Karlsson which had 8 points (4 goals, 4 assists) against the Ducks.

I think the Sharks will be holding out Joe at the beginning of the Vegas series for more speed to match up better with Vegas. But if the Sharks fall into a hole and get behind Vegas, they might be forced to insert Joe out of desperation. We'll have to see as the Sharks are playing very well right now without him.

One thing thats an advantage to living in the west (regarding hockey) is that we get to see more teams than perhaps living in a later time zone. We get both early and late games.
Tom
Thanks Tom! Those Western Conference games are past my bedtime.

Puck drop in 15 minutes for the Flyers vs Pens. Looks like Neuvirth will get the start in goal for Philly. Also Couturier is back for the Flyers, Hornqvist still absent for the Pens. Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-20-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Last night should silence the local anti-Tukka crowd. For a little while anyway. The Bruins were outplayed for most of the night and he helped keep them in it. I know that type of game quite well, for years the B's would outplay Montreal for the bulk of the game, but had trouble scoring. It would take just a couple of mistakes and bang-bang, they'd lose. It's nice being on the other side of that for a change. This is the first season in years - nay, decades - where a Bruins team has had offensive firepower like this.
I watched the game. Toronto had their chances but Rask was solid. With Bergeron out of the lineup we weren't nearly as good at faceoffs as we could have been.

Quote:

Tom
My buddy's favorite team is the Sharks but the games are just too late. Good to have a Sharks fan here on this thread to diversify things (we're mostly Bruins and Pens fans here). I hope Thornton can play.

Getting ready for the puck to drop for Pens/Flyers!
Old 04-22-2018, 10:58 AM

Pens and Bruins both lose game 5 in their respective series.

Today the Pens play the Flyers at 3 PM. For the Pens it's either win and move to round two or face a game 7 in Pittsburgh. Pens better have their "switch" turned on because the Flyers have gotten up off the mat, and are ready to deliver an upset.

Teams already in for round 2:

In the West: San Jose, Las Vegas, Winnipeg

In the East: Tampa Bay

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-22-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens and Bruins both lose game 5 in their respective series.

Today the Pens play the Flyers at 3 PM. For the Pens it's either win and move to round two or face a game 7 in Pittsburgh. Pens better have their "switch" turned on because the Flyers have gotten up off the mat, and are ready to deliver an upset.

Teams already in for round 2:

In the West: San Jose, Las Vegas, Winnipeg

In the East: Tampa Bay
Pens win the series!!! I missed the first two periods because I was on a flight but I caught the 3rd. Guentzel had 4 goals, wow. Couturier had a great game too.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Pens win the series!!! I missed the first two periods because I was on a flight but I caught the 3rd. Guentzel had 4 goals, wow. Couturier had a great game too.

Incredible game! Flyer’s fans disappoint me...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsnpucks View Post
Throwing beer onto the ice, not cool.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Throwing beer onto the ice, not cool.

I guess they don’t realize they could seriously injure a player. I’m sure at that point in the game, they let their emotions get the best of them.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsnpucks View Post
...but they do not surprise me. I briefly lived in the outskirts of Philadelphia prior to moving to Pittsburgh. "The city of brotherly love" is a complete misnomer.

That being said, Courtier is one helluva player and the "fans" should count their blessings that their star player didn't get dejected and scored all 5 goals. That's something that should have won the game but the Pens found another gear. I can't wait to see who they end up playing next round.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic