The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-04-2002, 07:47 PM

Location: Today I'm in North Bend Or. Who knows where I'll be tomorrow.
Default Dunlop strap

Fellow TGF members,

Just wanted to chime in with this great experience.

I have been strapless for the whole time I had my 310ce, (about 4 months). I've been borrowing my father in laws, who I play with. I just couldn't find the right one at the right price, something a little understated to not overpower my guitar.

My wife finally bought me one for my b-day, the wrangler pattern by dunlop. I loved it, but I couldn't get it on my endpin jack. So I took it and the screw on part of the jack, down to the leather shop. He cut this gaping hole that didn't take any effort at all to get on (OR OFF). I've read about the limits of a straps ability to positively retain the guitar, so it scared me. I called Dunlop and asked them to send me a new leather piece, just figuring I could sew it on my self. I received a box in the mail last night and there was a whole new strap in it. I am so grateful to those folks for their understanding. They could have easily told me to suck it up and buy a new one... Justifiably, but this was great. Just wanted to let every know about the good service.

Now I need to find another new guitar with an even larger endpin jack....... I'd hate to let that other strap go to waste!
Old 07-05-2002, 04:28 AM

Default Guitar Straps

Isn't it interesting that picking out a guitar strap can be just as complicated and drawn out as buying a new guitar? I also searched for quite a while before stumbling onto a Levy's. I did however have the same problem you did in which the end pin jack on my Taylor 814 was a little big for the hole in the strap. I just figured it would finally wear to the right size and after a while I've come to like the fit to be tighter ( I worry about my guitar coming unhooked when I move about the stage).

BTW it's also good to hear that there are still companies out there that go the extra nine yards for their customers! Good job Dunlop!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification