The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Pine, I will be interested in what you hear from Alistair. If you don't want to post it, PM me. Maybe we can get a "two at the same time" deal?
Group buy! Although I just want a 1-3/4" X10 with short scale (24.9 or 24.6 would be fine) and no pickup. Not sure about the 12-fret, although that might be nice too.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:50 PM

Very interesting on the new models. It appears that Emerald is centering there designs around the x20 for all models. Like the new look and removal of the neck heel. Can wait to hear the reviews....
Old 05-30-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Pine, I will be interested in what you hear from Alistair. If you don't want to post it, PM me. Maybe we can get a "two at the same time" deal?
Add me to that PM please if you don't want to post it. I would be very interested in that (more interested if it was 24.9 scale)

Last edited by Long Road Home; 05-30-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

My last email from Emerald was answered by a fella named Mike. Sean's replacement?? Does anyone know. Yeah, I'd be interested in getting in on an X10 group buy. LOL
Old 05-30-2018, 01:42 PM

Re X10 pickup, just edited my earlier post. GraphTech website says Ghost pickup can use external preamp, so no switches and knobs on level 1 electronics!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't that be nice! I'll let you know what he says.

At first I was a little put off by the PU system, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it might be a very flexible system for those of us who want to "dirty up" for some blues, but don't want to buy a Les Paul to do it with.

I don't think I would ever use the MIDI though.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:55 PM

I see there are some other folks interested as well. I'll ask Allister if its OK with him to post his answer on the board. Otherwise I'll PM everyone.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:07 PM

Given the popularity of guitars like the Taylor T5; Godin Acousticaster, A6, etc. I think the X10 makes sense from a market perspective. There are a lot of folks out there who want or need a guitar that can move easily from the electric to acoustic realm. I had a Godin Acousticaster (40th Ann. model) for several years that was my main "live" guitar, and I really appreciated being able to handle a number of different tasks without having to bring along several guitars.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Wouldn't that be nice! I'll let you know what he says.

At first I was a little put off by the PU system, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it might be a very flexible system for those of us who want to "dirty up" for some blues, but don't want to buy a Les Paul to do it with.

I don't think I would ever use the MIDI though.
I'm with you there - no need for MIDI... it's enough work for me just recording with a mic or direct into an H4n Pro.

I have an e-mail in to our Irish friends, too - since today is their big 20th anniversary shindig, I expect it may be a day or so before we hear from anyone. I was initially concerned about the 1 11/16" nut width, but played my Taylor T5 for a bit... yeah, that's comfortable, too. 24 7/8" scale. The only other guitar I currently have with a 1 11/16" nut width is a GSmini - I put some Nashville Tuning strings on it a while back and played it some. My fat fingers can still fit that width.

Interesting choice, though, to go with a narrower nut width on this new model, but staying with the 25.5" scale.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:08 PM

anyone know if there is going to be a live feed of the unveiling they have going on right now at their celebration?
Old 05-30-2018, 04:18 PM
Charter Member

I'm really disappointed I had no idea the X30 was in the works. It has a rib bevel along with the arm bevel, probably makes the 17" lower bout feel much smaller. I have a new, in-box Rainsong WS waiting to be opened, purchased over the weekend during Memorial Day sales. I would have waited and bought one of these. I'm sure I won't be unhappy with the RS, but I bet the X30 is going to be amazing.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 05-30-2018, 05:43 PM

This almost gave me a slight arrhythmic infarction thinking I may need to change my order to an X30 Woody. But, after listening to a few X30 YTubes I think I'll be happier staying with the X20. To my ear the X20 will probably project better when playing with others.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Guest 928

Yes, the new X10 is astounding. I don't think much of the narrow nut and I prefer a choice of pickups--but Alistair is on a roll and it's clear that a number of you want to be part the new magic. Good on you.

Also, just to hurt you a little bit, my new, in process, electric/acoustic, X10-OSN, thin-bodied, nylon string guitar is going to be super cool--better than any such instrument ever made. It's total cofeefee. Eat your hearts out.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:06 PM

From what I understood, the sound of the new X30 is nothing like the previous ones on Youtube, unless you found ones of the newer one. The contact I had was saying basically think X20 with a bigger bass response, but still the clarity of the highs and mids that come with the X20, I'm really excited
Old 05-30-2018, 06:58 PM

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber