The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Default Who knew?

A "300 post limit" on any given thread? Maybe that's why there are so many "Guitar Center is tanking" and "My Martin can beat up your (insert any other guitar brand here)" threads here on the main forum - those would go over 300 posts in just a few days.

I've enjoyed the conversations that have come up on the "Sophie's Choice" thread I started way back when, and offer my thanks for those who participated. Like my life, it wandered about a bit, but I did make some effort to bring it back to carbon fiber guitars now and then.

Happy Holiday wishes to the good folks here!

Jim
Old 12-22-2017, 09:29 AM

Hi Jim. Sadly, I don’t think I ever took part in Sophie’s thread, and now I never will ...

Seasons Greetings to all my carbonised pals here !
Old 12-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Hi Jim. Sadly, I don’t think I ever took part in Sophie’s thread, and now I never will ...
No reason for tears, LJ... Capt Jim can start part II and we'll link them together. And all will be well with the world again.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-22-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-22-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
A "300 post limit" on any given thread? Maybe that's why there are so many "Guitar Center is tanking" and "My Martin can beat up your (insert any other guitar brand here)" threads here on the main forum - those would go over 300 posts in just a few days.

I've enjoyed the conversations that have come up on the "Sophie's Choice" thread I started way back when, and offer my thanks for those who participated. Like my life, it wandered about a bit, but I did make some effort to bring it back to carbon fiber guitars now and then.

Happy Holiday wishes to the good folks here!

Jim
In response to your last post in that thread, Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jim.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:52 PM

I'm really liking Kerbie's concept of a "part two". Let's go with that Captain Jim.

Taylor NS34c
Tayor 616 (2016)
Emerald Custom X20 Artisan

Some past guitars:
1968 Martin D35-S
Martin 00-28VS
Rainsong Dread
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusknives View Post
I'm really liking Kerbie's concept of a "part two". Let's go with that Captain Jim.
Yeah, it’s a neat thread, Jim. I’ve been aware that the 300 post threshold has been in-place for quite a long time, but not a lot of threads reach that many, so it can be a surprise. Just create part 2. Folks seem to enjoy following it.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:08 AM

Long live the new "Sophie's" .... those were the days...sigh..

Also one of my piano peices I named "Who Knew?"... so is meant to be... or something like that.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

And what was Sophie's choice? She never said.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I know ...after all that... might revealed here at some point.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

There seems to be some unannounced limitations that have been implemented as I just ran into a 10000 character limit that force me to dramatically prune my dramatic NGD post!
Old 12-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
There seems to be some unannounced limitations that have been implemented as I just ran into a 10000 character limit that force me to dramatically prune my dramatic NGD post!
Sometimes that is best...I fall asleep after 9316 1/2... except for your posts of course...which I can read twice.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Well, from the start of that thread, my Sophie's Choice, round 1, was which guitars to leave in the case - my guitar room is small. Round 2 was: which guitar to take with us on our extended RV trip... the X7 or the X20?

Definitely "first world problems," and nothing like the horrific and original Sophie's Choice. Mine was about a light-hearted conundrum.

It wasn't that long ago that I was a "one acoustic, one electric" kinda guy.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Yep, 300 post limit before a thread is shutdown. I read that it's because threads longer than that tend to slow down the system. Guessing that Jeremy would have greater insight into that.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Sometimes that is best...I fall asleep after 9316 1/2... except for your posts of course...which I can read twice.
Lol - you are TOO kind, Kramster! My post today for the NGD was over 12000 characters so I had to go back and really cut it back. It was actually good though as I was able to cut some extraneous stuff including the USPS tracking bashing that really didn't add anything to the post. If you can tell your story in 10000 characters then you need to edit. They should call this the 'Methos' rule!
Old 12-23-2017, 05:26 PM

What if EL KABONG had a CF guitar?...oops... off topic..I mean OT
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber