The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-22-2018, 11:25 PM

Sheesh! That is one gorgeous guitar! I'm glad you're so happy!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 06-23-2018, 01:01 AM
Charter Member

My Mind is totally blown away at how magnificent this guitar looks. (*And I've been privileged to have heard some sound clips of ChasingChets particular guitar. The harmonics are sublime, the sustain is like a piano. Very very special guitar indeed!

I do however think he should send it to me for a quality control check and so I can compare and contrast to my Martins. :-) LOL!

The '35 Burst is extra special with the 40 style abalone purfling and borders. (and hex blocks) I Love the dark Rosewood headstock and Martin name in abalone. So striking.

I am so excited for you my friend. I think this D41 definitely is level or two (or more) about the HD28V you let go in order to help fund this guitar.

Well played sir! I can't wait to hear more of your report as you get more familiar.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 06-23-2018, 01:03 AM

Default Felicidades!!

Congratulations!! Thank you for posting those pictures. You have a beautiful D41! I made my decision last week. It was between a D-41 or a D-45. I picked the D-45. It's on it's way from the Martin factory to my dealer. He's going to set it up and then ship it out!

Once again congratulations!! Play it every day and enjoy!!
Old 06-23-2018, 02:21 AM

That thing looks so impressive it's almost intimidating...if it sounds half as good as it looks...congrats!
Old 06-23-2018, 06:13 AM

I am a 2018 Burst owner myself. Got one of the early ones. I can tell you that the RW on it it is some of the nicest I have seen on a production guitar. The fit and finish is as good as any boutique I have played. The PA neck is as smooth and easy playing as you can have on an acoustic guitar. There is something magical about the tone as it killed my Acoustic GAS. I understand all of the OP's enthusiasm. I have had mine for 4 or 5 months and it may be my first lifer. Literally will take this to my grave. I had a D41 Special which was "nice" and a pre 2018 D41 and it was "nice" as well. Neither was a difference maker in tone. This 2018 Burst is a different animal on so many levels compared to the other 41's I have owned. Actually think my 41 was worth every penny unlike many guitars I have owned in past.

Congrats to OP and welcome to the Club...
Old 06-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on a fine Martin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
Beautiful! Straight and even grained, as it should be.

Play her in good health
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakar12 View Post
Beautiful in every way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
That is one **** sexy looking Martin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post
Thanks everybody Im pretty new here and all the kind words has really been incredible! Thanks for everything!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
My Mind is totally blown away at how magnificent this guitar looks. (*And I've been privileged to have heard some sound clips of ChasingChets particular guitar. The harmonics are sublime, the sustain is like a piano. Very very special guitar indeed!

I do however think he should send it to me for a quality control check and so I can compare and contrast to my Martins. :-) LOL!

The '35 Burst is extra special with the 40 style abalone purfling and borders. (and hex blocks) I Love the dark Rosewood headstock and Martin name in abalone. So striking.

I am so excited for you my friend. I think this D41 definitely is level or two (or more) about the HD28V you let go in order to help fund this guitar.

Well played sir! I can't wait to hear more of your report as you get more familiar.
YOU ARE THE MAN GARY!!!! Thanks so much amigo! I aspire to one day play as well as you do. REMEMBER YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS KRAZY PURCHASE LOL Thanks for being a true friend--the wise words and encouragement coming from you is priceless! Mr Outlaw!!!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_david59 View Post
I am a 2018 Burst owner myself. Got one of the early ones. I can tell you that the RW on it it is some of the nicest I have seen on a production guitar. The fit and finish is as good as any boutique I have played. The PA neck is as smooth and easy playing as you can have on an acoustic guitar. There is something magical about the tone as it killed my Acoustic GAS. I understand all of the OP's enthusiasm. I have had mine for 4 or 5 months and it may be my first lifer. Literally will take this to my grave. I had a D41 Special which was "nice" and a pre 2018 D41 and it was "nice" as well. Neither was a difference maker in tone. This 2018 Burst is a different animal on so many levels compared to the other 41's I have owned. Actually think my 41 was worth every penny unlike many guitars I have owned in past.

Congrats to OP and welcome to the Club...
Wow thanks soo much! U certainly have it dialed in! Its my first D 41 and I was actually wondering about the Special and the older models...Thanks for the kind words...I also quickly realized how "above" all the boutique brands it soared. Really. I have played a ton. So happy you are still happy with your D 41!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post
[QUOTE=jbkatia;5765115]Congratulations!! Thank you for posting those pictures. You have a beautiful D41! I made my decision last week. It was between a D-41 or a D-45. I picked the D-45. It's on it's way from the Martin factory to my dealer. He's going to set it up and then ship it out!
Once again congratulations!! Play it every day and enjoy!![/QUOTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabarone View Post
That thing looks so impressive it's almost intimidating...if it sounds half as good as it looks...congrats!
Thanks so much everyone...Its a ridiculous guitar! FULL TONAL REVIEW COMING VERY SOON!
...holy Crap A d 45!! mannnnnn you will love it!!!!!!

Yes it is intimidating! because great sound and great looks suddenly freezes your hands lollll I have gotta get used to this baby!
Old 06-24-2018, 02:18 AM
Charter Member

Just have to chime in to say as a friend of ChasingChet (albeit across the US), I've heard some cell phone video's of his new guitar and it is surreal how it sustains and the balance and chime of all the notes is so rich.

Chasingchet; YOU my friend have tons of seasoned skills that are fully realized on an instrument at this level. I am very impressed! Congrats again.

I think they should make you a new superhero: "SunburstMan!" :-)
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 06-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Just have to chime in to say as a friend of ChasingChet (albeit across the US), I've heard some cell phone video's of his new guitar and it is surreal how it sustains and the balance and chime of all the notes is so rich.

Chasingchet; YOU my friend have tons of seasoned skills that are fully realized on an instrument at this level. I am very impressed! Congrats again.

I think they should make you a new superhero: "SunburstMan!" :-)
ha! love it! i will wear the cape of the Burst Thanks sooo much Gary! you monster Player u! and Bonafide Martin Gunslinger Really appreciate the kind words....You know I played about 6 hours last 2 days and this morning since recieving it...and....mannn The low end the mids the highs...so BALANCED
I guess I should post a new Thread fully reviewing this Beautiful Dread!!
You gotta get a 45 Gary and top me!!! hahaha
Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
J-40, huh? Very interesting option.
Yeah, I mean, I essentially want an OM with deep rich bass, so I thought why not try a J-40?
Old 06-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Yeah, I mean, I essentially want an OM with deep rich bass, so I thought why not try a J-40?
M-36 is pretty nice too. I tried one recently and it was super comfortable to play, with bigger sound, almost dread-sized bass.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
M-36 is pretty nice too. I tried one recently and it was super comfortable to play, with bigger sound, almost dread-sized bass.
yesss loved the vids u sent me of that sweet m 36 IMPRESSIVE INDEED

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion