The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Awesome and congratulations!🎉
Old 12-29-2021, 07:38 AM

Default A Bublup Roll

I have been using a website\app to create a photo-essay of the build. It's called Bublup and I find it easy and versatile. The basic version is free. You can also keep adding pages and editing to your heart's content!

Here's the Bublup roll that I have created:

https://rolls.bublup.com/view/b8cdd0...7-7ff5f5f112fc

Last edited by srick; 12-29-2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
....12/22/21 UPDATE: LK was smitten with the Iris DF he tried and has put in an order for one. His comment was: "“I’ve been searching for that sound since high school, I can’t stop thinking about it."
That is why I still have my old Guild F30 (Mahogany/Sitka) from high school; it takes me back to my youth. As I roll into my 60s, I find that I need wider string spacing at the nut and saddle than that of my old Guild F30. My friend recommended that I consider an Iris to fill this void.

Tommy
Old 01-01-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I have been using a website\app to create a photo-essay of the build. It's called Bublup and I find it easy and versatile. The basic version is free. You can also keep adding pages and editing to your heart's content!

Great essay, Rick! And thanks for the shoutout.

Should you ever want to play our Fairbanks and a bunch of original Banner Gibsons (please), let me know.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Great essay, Rick! And thanks for the shoutout.

Should you ever want to play our Fairbanks and a bunch of original Banner Gibsons (please), let me know.
Thank you John! I am looking forward to a day when Kathy and I feel free to mix and mingle again. In fact, I hope to have a christening party for the Fairbanks sometime this year. I guess that Tom B’Sox’ s B.I.G. has given me some ideas. Unfortunately, I’m not the only boss in the house, so I’ll have to work on my strategy going forward.

Last edited by srick; 01-01-2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

I really enjoyed it. Thanks

Just tuned my K-Gals down a half step and it sounds great.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 01-04-2022, 10:50 AM

That is such a good story and it’s a great presentation. The joy just jumps off the page. Can’t avoid thinking of commissioning a guitar after reading that, but I think I’ll probably settle for trying that single malt and a piece of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the guitar.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 01-04-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff View Post
That is such a good story and it’s a great presentation. The joy just jumps off the page. Can’t avoid thinking of commissioning a guitar after reading that, but I think I’ll probably settle for trying that single malt and a piece of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the guitar.

Jeff
Jeff - Having attended several Woodstock Invitationals, a custom guitar always sounded like a neat idea, but unachievable. Once the slab of mahogany landed in my hands, it became an obsession.

The last year and a half at times felt like an interminable wait, but it also made me keep my perspective on what I would have to call an ‘extreme first world problem’ (boo hoo, my custom guitar is delayed ) Getting the guitar hand-delivered at Christmas time and coincidentally capping off a monumental year in my life was just about as rewarding as it could get.

R

Last edited by srick; 01-04-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:05 PM

Rick

What a great story! And the guitar turned out so wonderfully! Thank you for sharing this journey with us.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:10 AM
Charter Member

Smile Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Rick

What a great story! And the guitar turned out so wonderfully! Thank you for sharing this journey with us.
I’m with treenewt. Great story! Enjoy it in fine health and spirits

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop