The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-04-2024, 10:49 AM

Default Any Harmony Guys?

Hoping there are some Harmony Guys members here as well and can chime into my previous post. thanks
Old 03-04-2024, 03:58 PM

Never saw your original post. Did you make it in another sub-forum?

That said, I confess to not owning a Harmony, but I've become very interested in them since I watched session player Tim Pierce using one on a video he produces and declared, "I want this one!"

Now, I think Tim Pierce (ranked among the top ten session guitarists) could make a $25 cigar box guitar sound good, but I was intrigued enough to check out their web site (https://www.harmony.co) and research their guitars. I liked what I read and saw!

American made, reasonably priced, and easy on the eyes. I especially like the Jupiter Thinline (which is what Pierce played in the video). The H62 Reissue checks a lot of the boxes for me, too. And at a MAP of $849, I would give this some serious consideration!

ETA: Found your original post. I suspect a classic Harmony might be a terrific guitar. Have you tried contacting Harmony about it? I know they've had some management/ownership changes, but perhaps they can answer your question(s).

Last edited by fpuhan; 03-04-2024 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Found the Original Post
Old 03-04-2024, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Timing of your two posts are confusing, but yes I am on Harmony Guys, but don't participate much.

I have two Harmony guitars an H1270 (12 string) and a Harmony H1325 ?) Monterey.

Could you re-register as a new person ?
Old 03-05-2024, 02:34 PM

Default RE

Not sure why Ineed to re-register as new person.It was a bit of a pain to register in the first place.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:38 PM

I have an H950 Monterey. Never been on that other forum.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:04 AM

There is a huge collector of Harmony guitars who lives in the cottage country of northern England.He told me he had 40 Harmony guitars. Can't remember his first name and mY Outlook e-mail search went nowhere, He posts on the Harmony Guys site all the time. If someone knows him and has his contact email they can pass on to me, that would be appreciated very much. Sure he can answer my questions about hidden date stamps on the underside of the Broadways soundboard. Did send off a email to that site that claims to be Harmony.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:03 PM

Speaking of Harmony archtops, I see RetroFret just listed a model I have always been curious about, a Patrician:

https://www.retrofret.com/product.as...ic-Guitar-1954

A Harmony Monterey was my introduction to archtops, so I have a soft spot for the brand. Schedule permitting, I will try to check this one out at the weekend.

As more relevant here to the OP, maybe consider contacting RetroFret or one of the other vintage dealers for information and advice about these instruments.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:21 AM

Default RE

Harmony site -suggested Isend them some picks so sent about 5. These were before any restoration ,re-fret etc and hand paint of the headstock lettering using fingernail polish.Worked great ,just tedius. Have pics in my pictures so if someone can give me steps to insert pics into this page, that would be great and thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops