The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Default Fishman F1 Analog Electronics

I purchased a Martin DCPA5 2 months ago from a large internet music company. The serial number indicates it was manufactured in 2013. It arrived in the original shipping carton with all the original packing materials and the manuels and other papers still in the original sealed envelopes. The condition was flawless so I assumed that somehow I had actually got a brand new guitar at a significant discount. However, the internet add did say "used". Now 2 months later the electronics are not sending sound to the amp. The tuner works fine, just no sound to tha amp. Martin will not honer the warranty since apparently I am not the original owner. Has anyone else expereinced this problem? Any advice as to how to proceed with repair would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
"TJ"
Old 01-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear about this. I can't help, but the guys over at UMGF (Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum) may be of help. http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/
Old 01-25-2014, 08:36 AM

Angry

Thanks Carbonius. Tried to join and post on UOMGF with no luck. Must be to technical for me.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Have you tried changing the Battery? My Gpa4 got noisy and I thought something was wrong. Checked the battery and it was very weak, but the tuner still worked. Everything sprang back to life with a new battery.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM

Default That aura system is tricky

There are so many options on it with so many images, compression, eq on the pickup and separate eq on the image. I really think, change the battery, cause you may have put it in mute mode...honest. Peace
Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 AM

The OP doesn't have the Aura system; he has the F1 Analog. Looks similar, but is much simpler than the F1 Aura.

As others have suggested, have you tried changing the battery?

If the system really is faulty, I would suggest contacting Fishman. If the guitar isn't covered under a Martin warranty, they're likely your best bet for resolution. Fishman seems to be really good as responding to e-mail, so I'd send them a note.

Last edited by mchalebk; 02-03-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 PM

When the tuner is active on the F1, there is no sound emitted. I don't know if you are trying to plug it in with the tuner on, but that may be something to consider. I have a DCPA4 and there is no "mute" feature that I know of. It is either volume up or down...unless the tuner is turned on of course.

The battery issue is a valid point. Throw a new 9v in there and try it again.

Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification