The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-11-2018, 08:11 PM

That guitar will come to life with a nice set of flatwound electric guitar strings and a low wattage (15-20 Watt) all tube amp! I'm waiting for the new improved (better spring reverb tank) Monoprice 15 Watt tube amps to come back in stock.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
If that bothers you, then you need to try electric guitar strings. There are pure nickel wrap strings available for electric guitar (Fender 150s for example) that might be enough more magnetic than monel to get those screws back down, and still sound a little better acoustically than the main stream nickel plated steel electric strings. I am sure nickel plated steel will let you put the screws (nearly?) all the way down.
Thanks, Jon. It doesnít bother me too much at all but I might just do that. Not overly concerned, either, with the acoustic-only sound ó I mostly just want to use it at gigs and get a good sound out of it. Iíve certainly never seen a set of pickups needing to be in such a wacky arrangement!

...SeanLewisMusic..>>..Find me HERE on iTunes

Composite Acoustics GX | Larrivee LV-03E | Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin II | Breedlove N250CR
Godin Duet Ambience Nylon | 1965 Gibson LG1 | Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass | Fender American Standard Strat
Seagull SWS Maritime Mini-Jumbo | Guild B140 Acoustic Bass | Blackbird Rider Steel | Go Grande Mahogany | Godin A8 mandolin
Old 12-13-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
That guitar will come to life with a nice set of flatwound electric guitar strings and a low wattage (15-20 Watt) all tube amp! I'm waiting for the new improved (better spring reverb tank) Monoprice 15 Watt tube amps to come back in stock.
I'll definitely try that when I get a chance, LK!

...SeanLewisMusic..>>..Find me HERE on iTunes

Composite Acoustics GX | Larrivee LV-03E | Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin II | Breedlove N250CR
Godin Duet Ambience Nylon | 1965 Gibson LG1 | Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass | Fender American Standard Strat
Seagull SWS Maritime Mini-Jumbo | Guild B140 Acoustic Bass | Blackbird Rider Steel | Go Grande Mahogany | Godin A8 mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification