The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 PM

That guitar will come to life with a nice set of flatwound electric guitar strings and a low wattage (15-20 Watt) all tube amp! I'm waiting for the new improved (better spring reverb tank) Monoprice 15 Watt tube amps to come back in stock.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
If that bothers you, then you need to try electric guitar strings. There are pure nickel wrap strings available for electric guitar (Fender 150s for example) that might be enough more magnetic than monel to get those screws back down, and still sound a little better acoustically than the main stream nickel plated steel electric strings. I am sure nickel plated steel will let you put the screws (nearly?) all the way down.
Thanks, Jon. It doesn’t bother me too much at all but I might just do that. Not overly concerned, either, with the acoustic-only sound — I mostly just want to use it at gigs and get a good sound out of it. I’ve certainly never seen a set of pickups needing to be in such a wacky arrangement!

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
That guitar will come to life with a nice set of flatwound electric guitar strings and a low wattage (15-20 Watt) all tube amp! I'm waiting for the new improved (better spring reverb tank) Monoprice 15 Watt tube amps to come back in stock.
I'll definitely try that when I get a chance, LK!

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification