The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 10:22 AM

Default Martin DC-1 coming apart....

Got some sad news on one of my favorite guitars....apparently, those years, Martin had some glue issues and my guitar seems to be one of the unlucky ones. She's just a player, ain't no beauty queen but I do like grabbing it.

Binding is popping in various spots as well as lot of the bracing on the inside. If you tap the top or back with your finger, you can hear lots of vibration from parts being loose.

I called Martin and unfortunately, since I am not the original owner, there is no coverage. The guitar is not worth all that much, I just really love the way it sounds plugged in, and its a dream to play.....gotta decide if it's worth almost as much as the guitar or maybe slightly more to repair.

-------THE FLEET-------
2014 Martin GPCPA5 (1st guitar, bought 12-24-2014)
2014 Martin D15M
1967 Framus Classical
2015 Epiphone DR-100
1989 Squire Telecaster
2010 Fender USA Strat
2015 Reverend 6-Gun
2016 Tom Anderson Drop Top-T
2016 Gibson Hummingbird, Ebony Finish

Vox AC10, Fender Mustang II

Good Golf, Good Tennis, or Whatever You Like To Q!
Old 02-29-2020, 09:02 PM

If you like it, it's worth repairing. Most reports of "bad glue" are not valid. It was probably mistreated in its earlier life and you're now experiencing the results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion