The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
Interesting - what does he produce?

I had (have) the very first Oneida Eagle ever to come into Canada. Still cherry and still a killer bow.
http://mathewsinc.com/
Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 AM

I absolutely love my CA guitar. I have an older Legacy Prototype acoustic with no electronics, red back and neck. This guitar records so beautifully that I know I could never replace it. I'm originally from Lafayette, LA so I feel connected to CA because they were our local guitar company.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Any word of possible buyout?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Location: Survive in Winnipeg, Manitoba - just North of Fargo, N.D.

One of the guys at Long & McQuade told me on Saturday that someone had bought the company and was resurrecting it. Anyone else heard this, or was he just trying to sell his stock?

Rob
Canada

Brackett Sitka/Walnut Dreads 'Carol Ann' and '26' plus other stringed stuff ...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 AM

Default Composite Acoustics

What can be learned (outside of the financial industry)? These guitars are so supreme and so durable, it is even likely that existing guitars may continue to be traded as prized collectors items, worthy of a high price. Better, that someone will recognize the value, and continue production of key models.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamens2 View Post
What can be learned (outside of the financial industry)? These guitars are so supreme and so durable, it is even likely that existing guitars may continue to be traded as prized collectors items, worthy of a high price. Better, that someone will recognize the value, and continue production of key models.
Welcome to AGF.

You hate to see something like this happen. It shows that a quality product does not by itself guarantee financial success.

Bill
Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Default CA closing down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed51 View Post
I am referring to Aura images, but I got the impression that he was not using "off the shelf" images ... I could be wrong, and did not ask specifically.
You're impression is on target. Tim is not using "off the shelf" images available from Fishman online- but those of his own. For a price, you can send your fine instrument to them for a studio frequency profiling midi file which can be loaded into the Aura stage blender box into a numbered profile you select-- you keep the CD/midi file for safekeeping backup. Nothing wrong with the "off the shelf" images and you can find one or two that sound just great.

I've used two early CAs for several years in concert (bluegrass, progressive acoustic) using profiles of my old wood instruments and the sound is remarkable. Tim told me about CA, and they were exceptional in service and guidance in sound. Channel on the board is set completely flat for the direct line from the Aura- needs no EQ tweaking as it is the complete frequency profile, and you work a condensor mic on another channel for the neck/ soundhole which can be EQ'd-- work in and out from the mic, like a classic wooden instrument for "atmospherics". No need for onboard condensor mic. Slider set to pickup only.

I love wood instruments..and I use them only in the best environments as possible. CA was/is far ahead of the curve in performance technology. I hope their proprietary work is continued at some point, and the company picked up by responsible investors.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
Welcome to AGF.

You hate to see something like this happen. It shows that a quality product does not by itself guarantee financial success.

Bill
CA needed more explanation to customers to differentiate and they built a quality instrument. Not a dead lead box like other carbon fibers. The proprietary "voicing" made all the difference.

The instruments were just put on the wall like everything else. That was part of the problem, that and the upper mid level buyers have/had all lost their jobs. Materials cost vs. say, Boeing getting a major contract and eating up the supply had a lot to do with it also.

You're right that quality alone will not do it. These instruments will be around a long time, and prized.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Default composite guitar

just purchase by Peavey go here for full story
ca cargo raw (E)
kustom 35
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenbrooks View Post
You're impression is on target. Tim is not using "off the shelf" images available from Fishman online- but those of his own. For a price, you can send your fine instrument to them for a studio frequency profiling midi file which can be loaded into the Aura stage blender box into a numbered profile you select-- you keep the CD/midi file for safekeeping backup. Nothing wrong with the "off the shelf" images and you can find one or two that sound just great.

I've used two early CAs for several years in concert (bluegrass, progressive acoustic) using profiles of my old wood instruments and the sound is remarkable. Tim told me about CA, and they were exceptional in service and guidance in sound. Channel on the board is set completely flat for the direct line from the Aura- needs no EQ tweaking as it is the complete frequency profile, and you work a condensor mic on another channel for the neck/ soundhole which can be EQ'd-- work in and out from the mic, like a classic wooden instrument for "atmospherics". No need for onboard condensor mic. Slider set to pickup only.

I love wood instruments..and I use them only in the best environments as possible. CA was/is far ahead of the curve in performance technology. I hope their proprietary work is continued at some point, and the company picked up by responsible investors.
Welcome to AGF, Tenbrooks. Appreciate your input.

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber