The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 AM

Default online guitar lesson recommendations?

I've checked out a few and they seem very convenient and potentially helpful. Can anyone make a reommendation on one they've used?

Thank you in advance,
vbf
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbf View Post
I've checked out a few and they seem very convenient and potentially helpful. Can anyone make a recommendation on one they've used?

Thank you in advance,
vbf

musicmoose.org ... I learned a lot of good Mandolin licks from there they have lessons on every instrument....

expertvillage.com another goof place for lessons and not only instruments...they have vocal lessons , anything from painting to whatever you can imagine....lol

hope this helps a little....

Ken
Fender 52 RI Tele
Fender 50th Anniversary Tele
Gibson 2009 Les Paul Traditional
Gibson 2012 Les Paul 70's Tribute
Nord Electro 3 73
Yamaha Moxf
Dr.Z Stang Ray [Head]
Dr.Z Carmen Ghia [Head]
ZWreck cab
Dr.Z 1x12 Cab
---------------------------
Sheldon Road
Old 11-19-2008, 10:10 PM

There are a couple I've found useful in different ways...

This is a fantastic - and the most comprehensive - one with video lessons on chords and on songs:
www.justinguitar.com

This one teaches only by the written lesson and MP3 sound clips (no videos, though they do have Podcasts):
www.guitarnoise.com

This is an up and coming website with good videos:
www.totallyguitar.com

This has some free song teaching videos along side some pay-for ones:
www.kickstartguitar.com

Hope these help...

Rc
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 PM

http://spytunes.co.uk/
Old 02-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Check out www.musiclessonsource.com for private online webcam lessons on Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin or Dobro
Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 PM

I give lessons via Skype. I think a few other members here do as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 PM

good site here for reviews of online guitar lessons , got other stuff on like videos and guitar reviews etc may be worth checking out
Old 07-21-2010, 09:34 AM

i was in the same boat you are in now, looked at all of them because youtube was losing me. Tons of stuff out there, but where do you start and whats next was my bigest question. I signed up at jamplay.com.

All the trainers there have set schedules for being on webcam in a chat room and you can ask them anything you want. Very good in my opinion. They have like 8 or 9 different teachers all with thier own begining guitar course so if you dont like one method you can switch or even try to understand something, from a different approach. It's 19.99 a month, however, there is a coupon code out there that will let you only pay 14.99 a month. Check it out. Ive been there almost one month and will be staying there for a while.

http://www.jamplay.com
all genres, including hawaian slack key and also have specific acoustic r electric courses.

Yamaha C40
esp mh103qm
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM

There are sooo many good teachers who have well organized lessons on youtube if you just keep at it you'll find ones you like. Certainly Jamplay has organized lessons that go step by step, which is really great for beginners. I've had a Jamplay membership for about 6 months that's ending in a couple days. What I've liked about it is its organization, very professional template and constant new videos. They have an artists series and have gotten Eric Mongrain, Kaki King, and Trace Bundy to do video lessons, which is cool. They certainly need to expand their classical lessons, there's nothing on flamenco really, so if that's your bag you gotta elsewhere.
Justinguitar is great, that totallyguitar link someone posted is just an adlink site so don't go there! Check out www.aaronsguitarlessons.com. He's got some good stuff like acoustic tapping lessons, and of course all the regulars for free.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell