The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisS View Post
Our travel guitar is about the size of a Baby Taylor, but has more sound than many $700 full size guitars - the bass response is incredible - people just can't believe it. It has a revolutionary top construction that allows this small guitar to perform like a much larger guitar. It also has our very durable proprietary RT finish, which has a slight texture (NOT like the Ovation splatter), but looks very cool. These instruments are very hard to scratch, aren't affected by humidity, rain, etc, won't warp or bow, are small and light enough to take anywhere and sound like a full size guitar. They will be more expensive than a disposable travel guitar, but they will last forever - and they will be under $700 street price. We plan to start production later this year.
i really would love to see one at around that price soon. Im looking for a new guitar to play on, im a victim of crap "first" guitar which lead to not even playing it much. Now it give up on me when i wanted to play. I live in the desert with constant temperature swing daily. Providing it at around $700, it will be a good choice for a first possibly upgrade later to a better one.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Really wanted to love the CA Player X

Great feel, okay sound, but when playing standing up with a strap it was neck-heavy like an old Gibson SG. Ended up returning it.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM

I'm babysitting my friend's GX Performa series...lovely guitar ..well made with a decent tone...looks the COT red inlays on the rosette..

Hmm...I'm wondering CA have any plans to make it with a Ryan type Bevel...I'm sure it would sell a lot...

what do you guys think???

CA Guitars with Bevel
Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
I'm babysitting my friend's GX Performa series...lovely guitar ..well made with a decent tone...looks the COT red inlays on the rosette..

Hmm...I'm wondering CA have any plans to make it with a Ryan type Bevel...I'm sure it would sell a lot...

what do you guys think???

CA Guitars with Bevel
The GX is pretty comfortable ( for my lap at least , I'm seriously considering one ) , perhaps giving some/most of the benefit of a bevel ( due to the back contours ). Here's a link to pictures that show the contours fairly well ( although not my personal favorite for color ) What additional benefit do you expect from the top bevel that you aren't getting from the GX back bevel?

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/i...SGXRT-BLUE.htm

"Let's lute the city", said the minstrels.

Oftentimes the only result I get from a thought experiment is a messed up lab.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
If Gerardo manages to find this guitar, I hope we'll hear about it - especially if its all those things and cheaper as well. In the meantime, though, I'm going to miss the reports on his various CA guitars. Gerardo was the most outspoken (customer) advocate for CA Guitars that I'd found on the forums. Too bad it ended so bitterly.

Gary
I just happened to stumble across this review from harmony central on the GX. I find it puzzling that someone would come on and openly slam a company and then when all was taken care of post a totally different response on another site. it appears it did not ende bitterly-- he just did not post a respnose to the rant from earlier

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...ustics/GX/10/1

name sure looks familiar!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 AM

Yeah, he seemed to love Composite Acoustics like no other!

It's the Music That Really Matters!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber