The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-29-2021, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlechange View Post
...I worry about shipping expensive guitars and if I have to make claim against damages that someone will point out that the shipping box was one that was already old and therefore not reliable.
Robert A.
I suppose that could be true if damage to the guitar was due to the box spontaneously self-destructing...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 07-29-2021, 07:18 PM

Default Guitar Center = Cardboard Box Problems

Really depends on the day and the employees i guess, but it seems like as a general rule they dont want to give them out. I recently acquired a small Yamaha practice amp (last one on the floor) and according to the very friendly employee the box was "probably already in the bottom of a landfill in Seacaucus". So you're not guaranteed, even with new gear.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpalms View Post
Last time I asked they said they needed them for their shipments….apparently had to do with their bankruptcy. I got a couple you can have 👍
MF has recently started "pushing" used guitar sales from their stores when a particular new guitar is out of stock. I do mean "pushing".
Old 07-30-2021, 05:44 AM

A few months ago I needed a shipping box. My wife was headed out so I asked if she would stop by GC in Asheville, NC. She wanted to make sure they would give her one so she called first and got a female employee on the phone. She couldn't have been nicer and said she had one she would put aside until my wife arrived. Perhaps it was a woman supporting another woman player (my wife didn't say it wasn't for her) or that policy hadn't hit the Asheville store yet.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:01 AM
Curiouser and curiouser

I would not expect free shipping boxes from any retailer.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

I got one at mine this past Monday with no issues. Also, found out FedEx sells them for $12 while UPS is $30!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion