The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-26-2021, 07:47 AM

Default NGD Incoming

In yet another triumph of hope over experience, I pulled the trigger on a Martin OMC-15 last Friday. It is in transit.

I have owned a Martin 000-15S, 00-15, D-15, D-15S and 2 Taylor 324 (one sapele backed and one blackwood). They've all moved on.

Why am I buying yet another mahogany top guitar? I keep telling myself that I've never tried the OM version from Martin so this could be the one.

That mahogany top tone is so alluring, but the only one I've owned that really stuck in any way was the 000-15S. That was a sweet guitar, but I do not get along with 12 frets or slotted headstocks at all.

Fingers crossed that this is the one that finally sticks long term. This is my last shot at a mahogany top. It seems I've said that before though.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:53 AM

Future congratulations. I have a 2002 OMC-15 and I will never part with it.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Runaway Tomato

Hope this one works for you! Sometimes the "right guitar" is a long search.
Former AGF Moderator
Old 07-30-2021, 08:33 AM

This one got delivered yesterday. I've spent enough time with it to know it won't be going back.

Sweet guitar. Nice tone. Surprisingly deep tone, actually. Good volume. Louder than I expected. Has a nice growl when I dig in with a pick. Responds well to my bare fingerpicking.

It has been awhile since I bought a new Martin and I was a bit concerned given all the posts I've seen about bad neck angles and setups. This one is spot on. I don't think the neck angle could be any better. Setup is pretty much perfect for me to the point I don't anticipate making any adjustments anytime soon.

I haven't owned an OM in some time. I had forgotten how comfortable they are.

And the smell. Oh, man. I need an air freshener for my truck that smells like this guitar.

I'm digging it so far!
Old 08-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Runaway Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwhite View Post
This one got delivered yesterday. I've spent enough time with it to know it won't be going back.

Sweet guitar. Nice tone. Surprisingly deep tone, actually. Good volume. Louder than I expected. Has a nice growl when I dig in with a pick. Responds well to my bare fingerpicking.

It has been awhile since I bought a new Martin and I was a bit concerned given all the posts I've seen about bad neck angles and setups. This one is spot on. I don't think the neck angle could be any better. Setup is pretty much perfect for me to the point I don't anticipate making any adjustments anytime soon.

I haven't owned an OM in some time. I had forgotten how comfortable they are.

And the smell. Oh, man. I need an air freshener for my truck that smells like this guitar.

I'm digging it so far!
Great news! Glad you love it. Are you going to post some clips or photos?
Former AGF Moderator

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion