The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-22-2018, 05:45 AM

The Lucero LC230S and LC200S are also well made guitars for the price. Great build quality, and good tone and projection as well. I would advocate for classical guitars with cedar tops in general.

- Eric
Old 09-22-2018, 06:20 AM
Charter Member

Today Musicians Friend SDOD - Córdoba C7 is $250 down from $420.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:34 AM

I'm really fond of my La Patrie Concert. Solid top, made in Canada. Truss rod neck. Well built and finished.
Blueridge BR-142
Recording King R0-T16
Alvarez AP66SHB
Old 09-22-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolefthands View Post
A Flamenco has a lower action, less sustain and plays at a higher pitch, generally speaking.
Plus more attack. If you want a fuller sounding flamenco, just buy a negra (rosewood back and sides).
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgjsps View Post
I'm really fond of my La Patrie Concert. Solid top, made in Canada. Truss rod neck. Well built and finished.
+1. La Patrie is a well made Canadian nylon guitar. I have an Etude model that I bought back in '97.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:33 AM

Today's stupid deal of day at musicians friend is a Cordoba c7 for only $250!!!!
Old 09-22-2018, 07:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

The Cordoba C7's on today's SDOD are restocks. Keep that in mind - there may be issues with these guitars, i.e, there was a reason they were returned, which may be as simple as someone just not "bonding" with it, but it could also be an issue related to sound, playability, fit and finish, etc.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
The Cordoba C7's on today's SDOD are restocks. Keep that in mind - there may be issues with these guitars, i.e, there was a reason they were returned, which may be as simple as someone just not "bonding" with it, but it could also be an issue related to sound, playability, fit and finish, etc.

I just recently bought a restock (blemished) Yamaha NTX (nylon string) guitar from MF. Can't find any flaws or even any sign of it having been played. Looks like brand new flawless guitar. Got it for under half normal price
Old 09-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

I have owned two Yamaha classical guitars. Both were excellent at good price point.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
Do you know offhand, would SDOD purchases still have warranty and/or be returnable if I found a major issue?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYRN View Post
Do you know offhand, would SDOD purchases still have warranty and/or be returnable if I found a major issue?
Not sure about warranty as these are listed as "restock", but all SDOD items have the same return policy as non SDOD (that is YES, you can return it with-in 45 days).
Martin OMC-18E
Taylor 512ce 12-fret
Old 09-22-2018, 12:04 PM

I am no expert on nylon stringed guitars but I am a long time member with quite a bit of experience with boutique and vintage steel strings.

I also have about a dozen sales on these boards for guitars over $4K.

Anyway, I bought a rosewood Manuel Rodriruez model A cutaway about a year ago under the theory that the softer strings would increase my practice time goofing around on the couch...... and to be fair I was in a store and it sounded really nice. The truth is it just made my fingers lazier because I was playing it a lot and the tension was so low.

It retails around $1,300, has an in body pick up system and tuner; mine plays like a dream. I see them posted for sale between $750 and $800 used. Mine has a very tiny mark on the cedar board but I'd let it go a member here for $375 with a low end Gator case in mint condition and about $60 worth of high caliber strings (4 packs).... buyer would have to pay actual shipping.

To be real honest though I don't know how it compares to the competition; I only know I'd sell mine for well under listed prices and depending upon where you live you could get in for your budget.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:09 PM

Hey, I just cross checked and I saw they have a non cutaway version of the model a at a GC in Ft. Meyers Fl listed for $269.99 so that sounds like an even better deal if its in good shape....I live in MO and have no affiliation but the number posted is 239.274.1264
Old 09-23-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWB5007 View Post
I am no expert on nylon stringed guitars but I am a long time member with quite a bit of experience with boutique and vintage steel strings.

I also have about a dozen sales on these boards for guitars over $4K.

Anyway, I bought a rosewood Manuel Rodriruez model A cutaway about a year ago under the theory that the softer strings would increase my practice time goofing around on the couch...... and to be fair I was in a store and it sounded really nice. The truth is it just made my fingers lazier because I was playing it a lot and the tension was so low.

It retails around $1,300, has an in body pick up system and tuner; mine plays like a dream. I see them posted for sale between $750 and $800 used. Mine has a very tiny mark on the cedar board but I'd let it go a member here for $375 with a low end Gator case in mint condition and about $60 worth of high caliber strings (4 packs).... buyer would have to pay actual shipping.

To be real honest though I don't know how it compares to the competition; I only know I'd sell mine for well under listed prices and depending upon where you live you could get in for your budget.
That's a great offer, I hope someone takes you up on it!

I ended up springing for that MF SDOD Cordoba C7 yesterday, hopefully it arrive this week!
Old 09-23-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYRN View Post

I ended up springing for that MF SDOD Cordoba C7 yesterday, hopefully it arrive this week!
Oh good. I saw that yesterday. Glad you snagged it. That was a great price, and the C7 is a nice guitar.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion