The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-06-2018, 08:17 PM

That’s fantastic,
I was just about to pull the pin on a masterbilt Arch but then I inherited a 5th Avenue (which I’m picking up today).

I hope I like the 5th Avenue as much as I enjoyed playing the few masterbilts I’ve played in the stores.

In fact I’d have one if the one shops website didn’t go down while I was trying to purchase one the other week.

But congratulations glad your enjoying your guitar.
BTW what genre do you play on it when gigging?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
That’s fantastic,
I was just about to pull the pin on a masterbilt Arch but then I inherited a 5th Avenue (which I’m picking up today).

I hope I like the 5th Avenue as much as I enjoyed playing the few masterbilts I’ve played in the stores.

In fact I’d have one if the one shops website didn’t go down while I was trying to purchase one the other week.

But congratulations glad your enjoying your guitar.
BTW what genre do you play on it when gigging?
Blues, Folk, Soul, Singer Songwriter, Acoustic Rock.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Blues, Folk, Soul, Singer Songwriter, Acoustic Rock.

That’s awesome.
I’m primarily classic country, singer songwriter.

I am just starting on my jazz journey too.

I really digged the oldtime style of the Masterbilt archtops. My Godin is undeniably gorgeous but almost too refined looking for country playing heck I feel unworthy but I’ll suffer through it [emoji6].

I think the masterbilt would have suited me too and would make an excellent choice for many performers. I only tried them
acoustically but enjoyed playing the ones I tried. How have you found the plugged in sound? I’ve read mixed reviews.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
That’s awesome.
I’m primarily classic country, singer songwriter.

I am just starting on my jazz journey too.

I really digged the oldtime style of the Masterbilt archtops. My Godin is undeniably gorgeous but almost too refined looking for country playing heck I feel unworthy but I’ll suffer through it [emoji6].

I think the masterbilt would have suited me too and would make an excellent choice for many performers. I only tried them
acoustically but enjoyed playing the ones I tried. How have you found the plugged in sound? I’ve read mixed reviews.
it’s a good sound but I have a grace preamp with really good EQ. But what I can tell from what others have posted A lot of people aren’t eq’ing them for what they do best. The arch top bridge pick up has a trebley edge that needs to be pulled back. And it also has maybe a little too much bottom that needs to be slightly high passed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars