The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz2822 View Post
I know this may be a stupid question, but after scouring thru the Custom build threads and marvelling at the finish and woods used, why is it that the inside nearly always remain untouched and bare?. Couldn't looking thru the soundhole be just as aesthically pleasing as looking at the rest of the guitar? ( without all the laquer etc.) Is it to do with humidity etc. Couldn't different woods for struts and braces be used to create a 'complete' overall feel for the guitar - or is this all to do with tone? Again sorry if this is stupid question
this is def a new idea to me. i can't say i've ever thought about considering, much less wanting, the inside of my guitar to look like the outside. i figure who else is gonna see the inside of the guitar that would make that worthwhile or even practical, imo. but, hey, diff stuff floats everyone's boat!

Last edited by sehnsucht77; 10-21-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 PM

I think that by leaving the inside of a guitar bare it shows the craft and workmanship that has gone into the outside.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop