The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Orion View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I was wondering if you can simply solder the wire from the dpa. 4060/1 to the ring of a stereo jack and power it that way through a dtar soltice or headway preamp?

I'm looking at running one with a lr baggs m1a (I think I may need a fishman switch jack to do this) but I don't want two jacks in the guitar
yes, that's how most guitar mics work, just wire to the ring and get the power from an external preamp. This thread discusses using the DTar Wavelength onboard preamp to power to the mic, so you don't need a preamp with mic power, but either way will work. I prefer to keep stuff out of my guitar, so I use an external preamp.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:59 PM

So does the phantom power and the signal travel down the ring part of the cable?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Yes, tho technically speaking it's not "phantom" power, that requires a balanced cable. It's a bias voltage.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification