The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-26-2023, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Word on the street is, Martin will be announcing its revolutionary new Q-bracing, which solves all the intonation problems guitars have ever had plus it makes you look 20 years younger and comes with a coupon for a dream vacation for two.
A vacation you can only dream about?

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
I hear more satin finishes?

I’m one of those that like that!
This might be a good weekend for you, Sal.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 03-26-2023, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahzz View Post
I so want a satin D-18...
YES! Bring it on.
2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC
Old 03-26-2023, 11:43 PM

Its a shame we cant have a serious discussion without wisecracks taking over from those that want to know the skinny.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Its a shame we cant have a serious discussion without wisecracks taking over from those that want to know the skinny.

Martin will give us the skinny soon enough. It’s a forum, I see nothing that isn’t just having fun or pure excited anticipation? Anyway, off to my corner.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:19 AM
Charter Member

I expect that the announcement will not include the two aspects that would make Martin a competitive exporter: lower prices and the extention of the lifetime guarantee to other countries.

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 03-27-2023, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I'd like to see an upgrade to the 000-15sm like a 000-18sm???

Agreed, that would be one hell of an addition to the line!
Old 03-27-2023, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
I expect that the announcement will not include the two aspects that would make Martin a competitive exporter: lower prices and the extention of the lifetime guarantee to other countries.

Amen! I’m sure in the US Martin is good value but they are very poor value in the UK at present with that lovely combination of very high price/no lifetime guarantee. Add to that all the binding issues and it’s a hard pill to swallow. I will add a Martin someday I’m sure but for now it’s just not a good deal. Even used the prices are very high and many have issues relating to binding or cracks.
Gibson J-45 JT project "1942 Banner" (Adi/Mahogany)
Eastman E20P (Adi/Rosewood)
Sigma-SDR-28MLE (Adi/Madagascan Rosewood)
Sigma SDR-45 (Sitka/Rosewood)
Sigma SDM-18 (European/Flamed Mahogany)
Freshman FA400D (Engelmann/Rosewood)
Freshman FA300 (Cedar/Hog)
Voyage Air VAD-06
Old 03-27-2023, 04:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Word on the street is, Martin will be announcing its revolutionary new Q-bracing, which solves all the intonation problems guitars have ever had plus it makes you look 20 years younger and comes with a coupon for a dream vacation for two.
That seems more like what Taylor is up to!
Old 03-27-2023, 04:39 AM

Martin will probably announce that they going to build/sell 4 models only from now on.......D18, D28, 00018 and OM28.

All will have 1 3/4” nut with 2 1/4” bridge space, mod V neck and.....wood binding! Supplied in Hiscox cases.....

BluesKing777.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Hoping a revision of the 15 series with additional small offerings with varied 12 fret specs
Yep, 12-fretters, and also some guitars with chunkier necks (and I don't mean with a V-profile), while retaining a 1 3/4" nut. I wanted to like the Martin I used to own (a DSS-17), but the MLO profile neck drove me up the wall.

My Smile Makers:

Guild OM-120
Guild F-2512E Deluxe 12-string
Eastman E3DE
2013 Ibanez AFJ-95

Last edited by EllenGtrGrl; 03-27-2023 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
I agree. My bet is there going to announce they are going to start making guitars by hand again
Old 03-27-2023, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Martin Guitar Debuts New Aged Authentics, StreetLegend™ Models, And Satin-Finished Models
Nazareth, Pa
(NAMM, HALL D, Booth 5602)
March 27, 2023

C. F. Martin & Co. (Martin Guitar) debuts eight new models extending the award-winning Authentic series with new Aged Authentics, introducing the new StreetLegend™ finish, and unveiling four standard models with satin finishes.

D-18 StreetLegend™
The satin-finished top on the new StreetLegend includes some visual wear inspired by historic models found in our museum. This gives your brand-new guitar a well-loved look that shows your music has an old soul like many of the fine instruments we’ve curated over the years. The D-18 StreetLegend is crafted with satin-finished mahogany back and sides, so you’ll still enjoy plenty of volume and pick up some bright trebles and punchy midrange tones. The scalloped bracing on this model contributes volume and a fuller sound than non-scalloped bracing. It also includes open-gear aged tuners and a satin-aged pickguard to complete the aesthetic. List price: $2,399.

D-28 StreetLegend™
The satin-finished top on the new StreetLegend includes some visual wear inspired by historic models found in our museum. This gives your brand-new guitar a well-loved look that shows your music has an old soul like many of the fine instruments we’ve curated over the years. The D-28 StreetLegend is crafted with satin-finished East Indian rosewood back and sides, which are very resonant and offer deep bass and rich overtones. It is well-balanced for all playing styles. It also includes open-gear aged tuners and a satin-aged pickguard to complete the aesthetic. List price: $2,799.

D-18 Satin
Martin Dreadnoughts, like the D-18, are known for their loud, projective tone and strong bass. This model is built to the same specifications as the standard D-18, but now Martin offers this longtime staple with a satin-finish top, back, and sides. The top includes an aging toner, and it is also available with an amberburst. The D-18 Satin is crafted with mahogany back and sides, so you’ll still enjoy plenty of volume and pick up some bright trebles and punchy midrange tones. The scalloped bracing on this model contributes volume and a fuller sound than non-scalloped bracing. List price: $2,399.

D-28 Satin
Martin Dreadnoughts, like the D-28, are known for their loud, projective tone and strong bass. This model is built to the same specifications as the standard D-28, but now Martin offers this longtime staple with a satin-finish top, back, and sides. The top includes an aging toner, and it is also available with an amberburst. The D-28 Satin is crafted with East Indian rosewood back and sides, which are very resonant and offer deep bass and rich overtones. It is well-balanced for all playing styles. List price: $2,799.

D-18 Satin Amberburst
Martin Dreadnoughts, like the D-18, are known for their loud, projective tone and strong bass. This model is built to the same specifications as the standard D-18, but now Martin offers this longtime staple with a satin finish top, back, and sides and an eye- catching amberburst. The D-18 Satin Amberburst is also crafted with mahogany back and sides, so you’ll still enjoy plenty of volume and pick up some bright trebles and punchy midrange tones. The scalloped bracing on this model contributes volume and a fuller sound than non- scalloped bracing. List price: $2,399.

D-28 Satin Amberburst
Martin Dreadnoughts, like the D-28, are known for their loud, projective tone and strong bass. This model is built to the same specifications as the standard D-28, but now Martin offers this longtime staple with a satin-finish top, back, and sides. The top includes an eye-catching amberburst. The D-28 Satin Amberburst is crafted with East Indian rosewood back and sides, which are very resonant and offer deep bass and rich overtones. It is well-balanced for all playing styles. List price: $2,799.

D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged
1937 was an excellent year for guitars, with a perfect storm of craftsmanship, innovation, and materials. This Authentic Series replication of a 1937 D-18 stays true to the original with hide glue construction and historically accurate detailing. This guitar features genuine mahogany back and sides and an Adirondack spruce top, and it includes an Authentic circa 1937 bracing pattern. Plus, it adds the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin. Martin’s craftspeople can recreate the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar and reproduce the particular tones previously reserved for vintage instruments. Now Martin has reintroduced a more accurate body profile based on dreadnought shapes from the early Golden Era of Martin’s history. The result is a tactile, visual, and auditory experience that will transport you all the way back to the 1930s. And we know you’re going to like it there. List price: $7,999.

D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged
If you’re looking for a new guitar that looks and sounds like you’ve been playing it for 80 years, you have just found your holy grail of guitars. 1937 was an excellent year for guitars, with a perfect storm of craftsmanship, innovation, and materials. The Aged version of the D-28 Authentic 1937 includes all of the goodness that comes with Martin’s Authentic Series instruments, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X-bracing. Plus, it adds the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin. Martin’s craftspeople can recreate the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar and reproduce the particular tones previously reserved for vintage instruments. Now Martin has reintroduced a more accurate body profile based on dreadnought shapes from the early Golden Era of Martin’s history. The result is a tactile, visual, and auditory experience that will transport you all the way back to the 1930s. And we know you’re going to like it there. List price: $8,999.

About Martin Guitar

C. F. Martin & Co.® has been making the finest handcrafted acoustic guitars for nearly two hundred years. For some of the biggest names and the most revered musical legends across every genre and every decade. And we’ve been doing it with pure artistic passion, a deep love for all things music, and an unwavering commitment to our community and the environment.

But most importantly, we’re still doing it… for you. For current and future generations of pioneers, rebels, and dreamers. For the beginners, the pros, and everyone in between. We believe music is an unstoppable force. It raises us up. Tells our truths. Gets us on our feet. Expresses our deepest heartaches. And our greatest joys.

So, we’ll continue to make the very best acoustic instruments and strings for as long as there are people like you who love music and love making it. We want to be there to help you tell your story. To help you share your music with the world. To help unleash the artist within.

We’re ready for the next two hundred years. Want to come with us? Visit martinguitar.com.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

OK, here we go;

https://www.martinguitar.com/news/ab...ss-230327.html

I'll be interested in the D-18's. They should be fun to try.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:07 AM

I am all sorts of into the D-18 satin in amberburst!

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars...atured-guitars
1987 Peavey Patriot bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion