The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Anyone have a Fishman Matrix Infinity in their Emerald?

I'm going to install one of these in my X7. Anyone know if I need the narrow or wide model? Anyone have this pickup system in their X7 or any other Emerald? Any landmines waiting for me on install?!?
Old 07-01-2019, 05:40 PM

I had one briefly in my X20 as a dual source and have since removed it. You would need the wide model for the Emerald saddle slot. You also need to drill the existing hole they have for the Baggs Element (45 deg) and make it 90 deg for the Matrix or you will likely wreck the UST where the wire meets the UST. I found the Matrix UST to not impact the unplugged tone of the guitar but I also found it to have poor feedback rejection for a UST (the Element is much better in that regard). It's a little brighter sounding than the element and like all UST's it has the same unnatural tone to it when plugged direct into an audio interface or PA. It did sound really good through my Fishman Amp though and worked really well with Tonedexter.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber