The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Mr. Paul, I live just up the road (I think) from you in BV, and we had our 5th annual BV Strong dinner on this past Monday. I'm happy to see that your community is doing it as well. Ours is an awesome event, and I'm happy to be a a part of it. We've been here since last summer and have attended twice.

BV Strong provided pulled pork in years past, but the event was getting so big that it was hard to pull (ha!) it off. So this year nothing was provided by BV except a table and chairs for 8, and a jug of water. The table sponsor was responsible for assigning who was to bring what. To tell you the truth, nobody missed the pulled pork. Everybody ate well, I presume, and the event was better than ever, with 3700 in attendance! I did not hear one single complaint about anything, even about the brief rain shower that blew through.

The only snag that I know of is that 450 tables were supposed to be delivered from Denver at 1pm, and they didn't show up until 3pm. I was helping with the tables, so we really had to bust our butts once they showed up. But it all worked out, with minutes to spare.

The best part? A magnificent rainbow appeared over Main St. just as we were sitting down to eat. Truly a gift. I'll try to post some pictures.

I had heard that a couple of towns in Colorado were doing this now, which is just great. I also heard that a town on the east coast heard about our dinner from somebody who happened to be here for one of ours, and they are doing it now as well.

After the dinner I manned one of the donations booths, and people were throwing money at me for next year's dinner. Very generous.

One of the best days of the year here in BV, I think.
Photos:20180924_140302.jpg20180924_161701.jpg

20180924_165704.jpg

I neglected to get a photo of all 3700 of us while we were sitting down and having dinner, unfortunately. I was too busy stuffing my face.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic