The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 AM

Default Single Schaller tuners.

Where do I find a single TK-0960-002 Schaller Gold tuner? All I find online are sets of 6. Looks like the Bering stripped out on the B-string
Old 04-10-2016, 01:48 PM

It will be tough to get a single. You'll have to find a Schaller distributor who orders fairly regularly and is willing to order the single piece. I have registered as a vendor of Shaller products and my first order will arrive next week, but as a builder I don't anticipate needing to order more than once or twice per year.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 04-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Milburn View Post
It will be tough to get a single. You'll have to find a Schaller distributor who orders fairly regularly and is willing to order the single piece. I have registered as a vendor of Shaller products and my first order will arrive next week, but as a builder I don't anticipate needing to order more than once or twice per year.
That is an interesting business model. A single unit fails and they force you to buy all 6 again? That is something that might make a person look at other tuners.

Thanks for the info.

TW
Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
That is an interesting business model. A single unit fails and they force you to buy all 6 again? That is something that might make a person look at other tuners.

Thanks for the info.

TW
There is no "forcing". I can likely order the tuner you want (I'd have to check the model). But you might have to wait 6 months or a year before I make my next order.

I don't know many tuner manufacturers that sell their pieces as singles (if anyone knows, feel free to share). There are so many different types of guitar tuner nowadays, it doesn't make sense to try to break into packages to sell just one tuner even as a busy repair shop.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 04-12-2016, 07:25 AM
Guest 1928

Some tuners have a lifetime warranty - to any owner, not just the original owner. It may be as simple as contacting Schaller and explaining the problem. That's where I would start and see if they offer to sell (or give) you a single replacement.

Otherwise, I'd look for a used set or repairman willing to part out incomplete sets.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair