The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-10-2021, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Saved again!

I almost put up for sale my Taylor Walnut Custom GS, which I haven't even had for a year...

turns out the tone dissatisfaction I had was a combination of rapid tuning changes killing my strings, string experimentation leaving me wondering, and ...

NOT ENOUGH PATIENCE.

What finally settled it today was a commitment to keep the tuning stable for at least a month so I can finally hear how the strings sound in a normal playing life cycle.

I've read in numerous times in threads here -- be patient, and don't make any sudden moves, but I definitely got carried away chasing perfection this year.

Time to settle in and enjoy playing and composing again!

-a.h.

Last edited by AH Acoustic; 09-11-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:09 AM

Lightbulb Oh man!

Couple of times had the insanity of "buy,sell" grip me. One of those times was with my custom Martin 0-15....thankfully my G.A.S. cleared just enough to realize what was happening. Still have it
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

I listed my 2011 Santa Cruz 1934D for sale on AGF over the summer at what I believed to be a more than fair price. Due to the rarity of these guitars, and given mine had several aesthetically pleasing customizations including a 1 3/4 nut, I expected it to sell within 48 hrs. Instead it sat for a month with only 2 inquiries and one below market bid.

Baffled, I pulled the Ad, played it for a few days and kinda glad now it didn’t sell. I suppose my real motivation was to extract the high dollar value out of it for other non-guitar related projects, but it is unique and there is nothing else quite like it.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 09-11-2021, 10:12 AM

Can't recall which, but it was either the Somogyi or the Olson 12-string.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:44 AM

Bourgeois OMC, Madi/Sitka. Offered it up for trade, fell through, soooo glad. Sounds wonderful, comfortable & so playable. Madi back is spectacular too. Funny how shinny objects catch our eyes....
Old 09-11-2021, 11:36 AM

My only dreadnough, a fantastic Taylor 510 I had bought as a heart appeal on my very 50th birthday !
Old 09-11-2021, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

I recently had 2 trades fall through for my D-18 MFG Custom ‘Golden Era’. During that time I decided to hold onto it. I had convinced myself to move it because I recently bought a ‘49 D-18, but they really are very different instruments, and the modern D-18 is such a versatile guitar…
| 1968 Martin D-28 | 1949 Gibson J-45 | 1955 Gibson LG-2 | Santa Cruz 000 Cocobolo / Italian Spruce | Martin D-18 1939 Authentic Aged | Martin Gruhn Guitars Custom D-21 Adi/Madi | Gibson J-45 | Fender American Elite Telecaster | Fender American Standard Stratocaster | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson Les Paul Studio | PRS Custom 24 10-Top | Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue (R0) |
Old 09-11-2021, 04:43 PM

The ones that I really shouldn't sell have already gone!
Old 09-13-2021, 12:31 AM

Default Yamaha L-5

My Yamaha L-5

In amoment of madness thought I might sell it off to make money for a more expensive guitar of the M,T or G headstock variety.

Funnily enough, the people responding to my ad put me off selling it, I couldn't bear the thought of some undeserving so and so fondling my lovely L-5.

The low ballers, the attempts to chisel me down to giving it away for nothing... 'O iT weeLl nid a nEk reseT!' based on their looking at very detailed photos, but not playing it or viewing it first hand. All convinced me that it should forever belong to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
adirondack, cocobolo, keeper, red spruce, taylor gs