The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-25-2014, 09:56 AM

Question Art Lutherie Dreadnought Spruce Top advice

Hello everybody,
merry Christmas! I'm from Italy and I need some help. I own a Martin OMC - 1E with dtar multisource pickup and I'm very happy with it. Anyway I'd like to buy a dreadnought and I have a little budget. So I was thinking about buying a Art Lutherie Dreadnought with Spruce Top but I have not the possibility to try it because where I live there I can't find this guitar (I should buy it on internet). I've tried in a shop in the town where I live a A&L dreadnought with cedar top, and it was very fine, but I didn't like the colour and I think that maybe the spruce top has more attack, and I could appreciate it more. There is only a video on youtube where there is a demo of an A&L dreadnought with spruce top and it seems to me very fine. Have you had any experiences and what are your opinion about this guitar?( I know it's a question of personal taste) , or there are some audio samples on the web? Thanks to everyone and happy Christmas!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:54 AM

They are warm sounding, well balanced guitars. The lower notes won't have much sparkle compared to a Martin, for example, but they are nice guitars for chord work, pleasant to sing with.

The spruce tops are indeed a little more lively to my ear than the cedar.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Good bang for the buck. I picked up one in need of some work for cheap that I fixed up and gave to my sister. I miss that guitar sometimes. Very fun to play with the short scale neck.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:53 PM

Default Ok

Thank you very much, your opinions are very helpful for me.. I will think about it. Happy new year!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
art, dreadnought, lutherie, spruce, top