The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-18-2021, 07:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

It seems to be time to move over to 2021. This thread still has room to grow, so you CAN post here, but the world is moving on to Sexauer '21 HERE.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:04 PM
Charter Member

It’s like deja vu, all over again!
Old 02-19-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Congratulations on your new build, awchiu. You will not be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Congratulations Andrew! You are starting at the top, aren't you?
Perfect materials (wow that MadRose is amazing) + luthier in peak form + 50 years of experience = you are going to be blown away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Andrew congratulations on selecting a great luthier. I own a number of guitars by Bruce and they never fail to bring a smile to my face when I play them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
It’s like deja vu, all over again!
Thanks everyone for your encouragements!

I live in a land with no guitar luthiers, and all I can play at shops are factory made guitars. I've been relying on people like you to show me the way through your past reviews and testimonials.

When I finally receive my Sexauer, my hearing may be forever changed, and my wallet will be emptied.

Tad,

Thanks for selling me your MadRose back & side woods and giving me so much precious advice! Bruce always says he tries to improve with every build, so my guitar should be Bruce's best ever (at least for a month)!

Heinonen SJ-C Cedar/EIR
Sexauer FT-15C-JB2 German/BRW
Bourgeois 00c Adi/Hog
Furch Yellow G Cedar/Padauk

Last edited by awchiu; 02-19-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awchiu View Post
Thanks everyone for your encouragements!
Tad,
Thanks for selling me your MadRose back & side woods and giving me so much precious advice! Bruce always says he tries to improve with every build, so my guitar should be Bruce's best ever (at least for a month)!
I am extremely happy that another Sexauer is getting built with that Mad RW - We picked out 3 premium sets in Cremona, and it was a very hard choice as to which set to use for my build. I was completely convinced I’d chosen the best one - right up til I saw your back joined and sanded - thats gonna be spectacular!

And you’re right - you may get Bruces best guitar yet - but you won’t know for sure ‘til you get your second!

;-)
Old 02-20-2021, 11:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
I am extremely happy that another Sexauer is getting built with that Mad RW - We picked out 3 premium sets in Cremona, and it was a very hard choice as to which set to use for my build. I was completely convinced I’d chosen the best one - right up til I saw your back joined and sanded - thats gonna be spectacular!

And you’re right - you may get Bruces best guitar yet - but you won’t know for sure ‘til you get your second!

;-)
Happy New Year to you, Dennis. Sounds like you’re using Chrome for a browser. There is a workaround TomB'sox posted a link to a few posts back, or use a different browser.

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-20-2021 at 05:03 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop