The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-28-2022, 03:10 PM

Default Electronics in Breedlove Organic Performer?

Anyone know who makes the electronics for this guitar?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...rican-mahogany

It says "Breedlove Natural Sound" (Microsonic VT HD 2-AAA)" , whatever that means. I'm guessing its a Fishman?
Old 01-28-2022, 03:31 PM

Google is your friend:

"The guitar is equipped with Breedlove Natural Sound electronics—a version of Shadow Electronics' Micro-Sonic VT HD undersaddle pickup and preamp. ... It effectively communicates the guitar's even harmonic range without any adjustment to the tone control."

I have a "SIGNATURE CONCERT COPPER E" with those electronics, and it works fine. Uses AAA batteries, which is a real improvement over those 9v cells.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
Google is your friend:

"The guitar is equipped with Breedlove Natural Sound electronics—a version of Shadow Electronics' Micro-Sonic VT HD undersaddle pickup and preamp. ... It effectively communicates the guitar's even harmonic range without any adjustment to the tone control."

I have a "SIGNATURE CONCERT COPPER E" with those electronics, and it works fine. Uses AAA batteries, which is a real improvement over those 9v cells.
How's it sound plugged in?
Old 01-28-2022, 03:55 PM

You don't seem to hear much about Shadow pickups. I ordered a Larrivee which came with a Shadow nanoflex pickup. Sounded pretty decent to be honest, as good as undersaddles usually sound. A German company I think.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
How's it sound plugged in?
I haven't used it at any venue, since I got it during the current "situation", but have briefly plugged it in at home and it sounded fine - at least as decent as the much more expensive Fishman Prefix+T electronics in my Rainsong Shorty.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification