The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-14-2021, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Default Speed of Emerald shipping?

I’m just curious for those that have had the upgraded Emerald UPS shipping lately - I have a guitar on the way and it says it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but tracking still shows it in Ireland as of the last update.

I was just wondering how long it took for those of you that opted for that tracked shipping - how long did it take for the guitar to arrive? My last Emerald was almost three years ago and I didn’t have UPS for that one.

I admit to being a tad more anxious than usual as it was my bad luck that there was no shipping video last week - so I didn’t get a “fix” from a glimpse and I had a porch pirate steal two packages off my porch yesterday. So while I am always the most impatient person in the world when a guitar is incoming, I am bouncing off the walls now. I can’t imagine it will actually be here tomorrow despite what the tracking estimate shows.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-14-2021, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

The guitars move amazingly fast in the last 24-48 hours. Of course, that could depend on where you're located, but my shipments with the "new expedited" UPS shipping have been door-to-door to my home in Charlottesville, VA in a week...
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-14-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
I’m just curious for those that have had the upgraded Emerald UPS shipping lately - I have a guitar on the way and it says it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but tracking still shows it in Ireland as of the last update.

I was just wondering how long it took for those of you that opted for that tracked shipping - how long did it take for the guitar to arrive? My last Emerald was almost three years ago and I didn’t have UPS for that one.

I admit to being a tad more anxious than usual as it was my bad luck that there was no shipping video last week - so I didn’t get a “fix” from a glimpse and I had a porch pirate steal two packages off my porch yesterday. So while I am always the most impatient person in the world when a guitar is incoming, I am bouncing off the walls now. I can’t imagine it will actually be here tomorrow despite what the tracking estimate shows.
I'm in the same boat. Label created on the 7th with estimated deliver (to Colorado) on the 10th, but latest status from the 13th shows it is in Dublin. Wish there was a shipping video.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraKing View Post
I'm in the same boat. Label created on the 7th with estimated deliver (to Colorado) on the 10th, but latest status from the 13th shows it is in Dublin. Wish there was a shipping video.
Misery loves company I guess. Haha. Well at least we are not alone in our boat.

Like you, I was sorry there was no shipping video this week. Too bad. Well hopefully we both have our new guitars in hand very soon.

I bought a koa Virtuo - what did you get?
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 12-14-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Misery loves company I guess. Haha. Well at least we are not alone in our boat.

Like you, I was sorry there was no shipping video this week. Too bad. Well hopefully we both have our new guitars in hand very soon.

I bought a koa Virtuo - what did you get?
X20 with Mahogany, Ghost plus KK pickups.

I'm waiting until they offer a 1 3/4" nut on the Virtuos then I'll probably order one of those too :-)
Old 12-14-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
X20 with Mahogany, Ghost plus KK pickups.

I'm waiting until they offer a 1 3/4" nut on the Virtuos then I'll probably order one of those too :-)
Sent you a PM but you answered my question.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

I just received the initial tracking email from UPS, stating that the guitar (championship gold custom nylon string Kestrel) will be delivered on December 20. However, when I click on the tracking number, the website tracking says that the guitar hasn’t even been shipped yet, only a label has been created, and that there is no delivery date scheduled yet❓🥴🤔😵*💫🙏🏻
Old 12-15-2021, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
I just received the initial tracking email from UPS, stating that the guitar (championship gold custom nylon string Kestrel) will be delivered on December 20. However, when I click on the tracking number, the website tracking says that the guitar hasn’t even been shipped yet, only a label has been created, and that there is no delivery date scheduled yet❓������*������
Did you get the $95 or $195 shipping? Last minute holiday shipping traffic jams notwithstanding, you'll probably get it around the 20th if you opted for the "deluxe" shipping option. My suggestion is to not even look at tracking until the final 48 hours. My brief experience has been that the tracking info in the early stages of shipment seems antithetical to getting your guitar delivered as stated. It seemed that my X20 delivered in early November was piddling across the pond, and then all of a sudden was at my front door...This is based on the $195 shipping - I believe that the $95 shipping is more, shall we say, "flexible."
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-15-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

I never had a breakdown in price, just a PayPal request for the amount due, but I think it was $195, because a PayPal request was that much more than the balance on the guitar.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
ditto.

----

I shipped once from Emerald recently using the cheaper standard shipping (anpost, USPS). I had tracking status all the way, albeit independently from anpost and usps. It took 10 days to arrive from Ireland. I thought that was pretty good.

UPS is typically a week, maybe a little more sometimes, for your $195.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:42 AM

my x20 came in exactly 7 days, 2 years ago. My amicus a couple months ago took 3 weeks to leave emerald, and then came in 7 days. you are not going to get it when promised so contact Alister now. HINT: go into a 'chat' session of the emerald website and ask your questions there. the entire conversion is emailed back to you.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:37 PM

Hopefully you got your before Xmas. I remember ordering mine first emerald Dec 1st or so, then sweating it out. It was delivered a couple days before Xmas,

Merry Christmas
Emerald X10 Black Level 3
Old 01-02-2022, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Both of mine (2020 & 2021) came via UPS to CA, and took 7 days each time.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 01-23-2022, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

There were a few people in this thread waiting on delivery of an Emerald. I assume they're arrived by now. How long did they take from when it was picked up? And did you go for the $195 shipping?

Mine was shipped on Friday. The initial email from UPS said it's expected to be delivered this Wednesday, which seems a little sporty. Now current tracking says they have no idea, which is more like what I expected .
Old 02-02-2022, 07:40 PM

Default Shipping times - NGD here

I went for the $195. I'm in Tennessee.
They asked for final payment on a Friday, the same day my guitar showed up on the shipping video - Jan 21. They said they hoped to ship it on Monday, the 24th. I received a UPS notice on Monday 24 that said it would arrive on Thursday of that week(?!?). I didn't believe it and there really wasn't any other tracking info at UPS.
On that Thursday, the 27th, UPS updated the expected delivery day to the next Monday (31st) and tracking information started showing up.
It arrived on Monday the 31st. I was on a business trip, and just opened it up today.
No extra customs duties or fees.
Hope this helps the thread.
NGD here.
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber