The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-21-2021, 09:17 PM

Default Fano sp6 standard

Any owners of this ones? I saw a olympic white from 2016 around 1400$. Its a safe price to take the chance?

Opinions?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2021, 06:41 PM

I have never played that particular Fano, but have had the chance to play many of their guitars at a friends shop. I would have never taken one off of the wall had he not suggested that I check one out, as I was completely turned off by the look they have. Just not my thing. More than that really, I just absolutely hate the look of them. The headstock, the fake relicing, etc. I took that first one off of the wall already convinced that I didn’t like it, but after playing it , I loved it. One of the best playing guitars I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a bunch. If it were not for the look of the ones I played, I would have bought one. I do like the look of the one you are eying. I would say go for it, and enjoy!
Old 12-23-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.bowman View Post
I have never played that particular Fano, but have had the chance to play many of their guitars at a friends shop. I would have never taken one off of the wall had he not suggested that I check one out, as I was completely turned off by the look they have. Just not my thing. More than that really, I just absolutely hate the look of them. The headstock, the fake relicing, etc. I took that first one off of the wall already convinced that I didn’t like it, but after playing it , I loved it. One of the best playing guitars I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a bunch. If it were not for the look of the ones I played, I would have bought one. I do like the look of the one you are eying. I would say go for it, and enjoy!
Thanks for the reply bow! Maybe some hate some love them but i think the matching headstock is really cool with the mix of tele and special/jr. I try this one yesterday and I agree the relic in the standards are really normal but its soft (dings and some razer haircuts). I prefer this relics than fender roadworns. The key is like you said: play it and that is when the magic appears. Chunky neck like a R8/R9, great sustain with low output fano pickups so the wood have more protagonism. Weight was ok 8lbs, correct i think for alder guitars. Didnt bought it cause i went without the money but i will define after christmas. Hugs!
Old 12-23-2021, 02:31 PM

I'm not familiar with Fano although I probably heard of them before here on the AGF because I just checked out their website and I've been there before.

The "About Fano" page states the guitars are "hand-built here in Arizona" but the SP6 Omnis specs state China. The SP6 Alt de Facto guitars doesn't say so I'm guessing that's Arizona and that's the guitar you're talking about?
Old 12-25-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I'm not familiar with Fano although I probably heard of them before here on the AGF because I just checked out their website and I've been there before.

The "About Fano" page states the guitars are "hand-built here in Arizona" but the SP6 Omnis specs state China. The SP6 Alt de Facto guitars doesn't say so I'm guessing that's Arizona and that's the guitar you're talking about?
Nop I posted about the sp6 standard which is a model that starts in 2016 that was replace in 2020 with oltre series (same guitar with boutique pickups i think). Alt the facto were historically top1 model from fano (custom build)
Old 01-17-2022, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

I have one and love it....a 2017 Fano SP6 Standard in black....I love the chunky neck and the P90 in the neck is killer.....I am a Tele guy at heart, but love how the SP6 is really a hybrid of a Tele and a LP.......

Everyone who had played mine locally loves it as well...

I give it a thumbs up for sure.....and $1,400 is not a bad price at all for the ones built in the USA.....They don't seem to last long if around $1500 or so.....

Good luck!

Electrics
Fender / Fender Amps * TMG

Favorite Gin - Citadelle
Favorite Bourbon - Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Favorite Grape - Nebbiolo
Old 01-21-2022, 06:47 PM

I have an RB 6 that Dennis Fano built in 2001. It’s an incredible instrument. Feels, sounds and looks great.
National Polychrome Tricone
National Model D Squareneck
Weber Gallatin A Mandolin

http://www.bandmix.com/jon-nilsen/
https://www.bandmix.com/limberlost/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars