The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-21-2021, 02:32 PM

Thanks for doing this. But….not being a computer whiz, how should i be downloading your book? I tried the PDF but after 2hours, I bailed. Might anyone know what I am supposed to be doing? Using an IPad Pro (512 gig).
Thanks
Old 06-21-2021, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

A lot of the value of this version is that it is in Chordpro format. You need to download an app that can read that format. There are many, but this is the one that I use

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/songbo...ro/id392888837

Well worth the 11 bucks IMHO. the list management is pretty good, the ability to transpose is valuable if you need that, the ability to print .pdf versions to distribute is great. The ability to place chords EXACTLY where you want them is worth going to chord pro form - you can't get that with pdf or with Word.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigfly View Post
Thanks for doing this. But….not being a computer whiz, how should i be downloading your book? I tried the PDF but after 2hours, I bailed. Might anyone know what I am supposed to be doing? Using an IPad Pro (512 gig).
Thanks

John, I just sent you a PM with more information and my email address. But also see below about getting an app for your iPad which I did not talk about.

For everyone else:

If you have MS-Word, the doc files should work fine. If not, then use any of the PDF versions (and especially if you're using iPad).

The CHO files are of no value to anyone unless you have and are using the ChordPro program (which itself is also posted). There is a read me first text file explaining this.

The PRO files are meant for use with an app. They should import to just about any app that is based on ChordPro but the link SSJK provided is for SongBook by LinkeSoft and is the very same app I use as my test bed when writing the PRO files in ChordPro format. It works well and is also available for Android and Windows PC.

Alvin

Martin HD-35
Martin D-18
Taylor 814ce TSB
Taylor 522e 12-fret
Taylor 514ce
Taylor 355 12-string
Alvarez ABT610e Baritone 6
Yamaha C-40
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Fishman Loudbox Mini Charge

G4V Cyber Instructor

Last edited by Songbook19; 06-22-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:15 PM

And this fellow deserts our thanks. I had some issues getting it loaded and he sent pictures with instructions, Twice!
THANKS again….

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write