The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-24-2023, 08:49 AM

Default 'Daydream Believer' (Monkees) cover posted

Hi, I posted my latest cover song video to my YouTube channel this morning.
There are now 23 songs posted on my 'Old Faithful Covers' channel. I use an acoustic 6 or 12 string on many of the songs.

There are no acoustic guitars on the recording, but I present it here for those few that might still be interested.

The song was the third and final number one hit in the USA for the group. Lead vocalist Davy Jones was allegedly angry at how many 'takes' were required to complete the song and it started to show in his vocal delivery. I tried to sound as close to the original classic recording as I could, including my attempted vocal imitation of Davy Jones.

Please let me know what you think. Your comments and suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Thanks. beatbyrd

https://youtu.be/N1OGtxq4KZ4
Old 05-25-2023, 05:39 AM

I think you got the Monkees’ sound down pretty well. I enjoyed your cover of the tune, even though I was never a big fan of the Monkees.

Thanks for posting your songs. I know it’s a lot of effort to put one of these together.

Roger
Old 05-25-2023, 06:59 AM

Truly, enjoying your covers.
Great song choices.
Keep making 'em great music!
Old 05-25-2023, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the comments, guys. I was not a big fan of the Monkees music when they first came out, especially the cutesy throwaway songs. I started liking more of their music as they started taking more control of their careers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell