The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-07-2023, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

Default Goodall KCJC, Small Jumbo Cutaway w/ AAA Adi & AAA Koa, $4,000

This beauty is a 2008 KCJC (Koa Concert Jumbo Cutaway). AAA Adirondack top and AAA Koa back and sides. Made in Hawaii by a master of Koa guitars, James Goodall. This model is smaller than the Standard and larger than the Grand Concert.

25.5" scale; 1.75" nut; 2 5/16" spacing at the bridge; Gotoh 510 tuners; TKL case

The guitar has been kept in its case in my dedicated climate-controlled (HVAC, dehumidifier and humidifier) music room. It has a few small blemishes that I could find, which I have taken pictures of, along with very fine wear scratches/swirls. All of the blemishes were there when I bought it and are in the finish only--no wood damage. A previous owner removed the clear pick guard. No fret wear to speak of. I've never taken it out of my house.

Though the guitar possesses the power of a small jumbo, I'd call it "light, crisp and clear" compared to other SJ's I've played and heard. An enjoyable guitar to play and hear, to say the least. I've played it mostly finger style, but flat picks and strums are welcome, and maybe even better served than fingers.

Asking $4,000 net to me. No trades, please, as I need the cash.

Link to pics:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Rv?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Louis
Collings OM1 SS Baked & 001M; D Taylor Mod D cut, Sinker Red/Coco; Bourgeois OM Custom (SS, EIR); Goodall KCJC; M Kinnaird 000-12, Cedar/Walnut cut; Kenny Hill "Munich" Euro/EIR; Kodama Kanoh #50 Euro/BRW; German Vasquez Rubio "Solista" Cedar/EIR; Antonio Marin Montero "Bouchet" Euro/BRW

Last edited by Five Fourths; 04-14-2023 at 05:52 PM. Reason: 2008, not 2006
Old 02-07-2023, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Nice looking guitar. Is this the Aloha model?
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 02-07-2023, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Aloha models have an "A" (for Aloha) in front of the alphabetical portion of the serial number. On the picture of this guitar showing the inside label, the serial number is KCJC 4439.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania View Post
Nice looking guitar. Is this the Aloha model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz911 View Post
Aloha models have an "A" (for Aloha) in front of the alphabetical portion of the serial number. On the picture of this guitar showing the inside label, the serial number is KCJC 4439.
As Martz noted, this is not an Aloha model. I'm not even sure if Aloha models existed when this guitar was made in 2006. Someone can chime in if they know the answer.
Collings OM1 SS Baked & 001M; D Taylor Mod D cut, Sinker Red/Coco; Bourgeois OM Custom (SS, EIR); Goodall KCJC; M Kinnaird 000-12, Cedar/Walnut cut; Kenny Hill "Munich" Euro/EIR; Kodama Kanoh #50 Euro/BRW; German Vasquez Rubio "Solista" Cedar/EIR; Antonio Marin Montero "Bouchet" Euro/BRW
Old 02-08-2023, 12:05 AM
Guest31923

It’s not the aloha model. Earlier poster was right about the letters/serial number. The headstock gives it away too. Better than aloha cosmetically with the extra detail.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Posted the Goodall spec sheet with the pics and realized it's a 2008, not a 2006, as I had originally listed it.

Ebony fretboard, bridge and headstock overlay. Rosewood bindings. Abalone rosette, fret inlays and logo inlay. Bone nut and saddle.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:41 PM

Smile Wow

Sent a pm.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

All PMs replied to. TTT
Old 03-05-2023, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Do you have any sound clips of there Goodall Koa?

I'm interested in the guitar. Is there any way I could hear it. Thanks,
I live in Long Beach, California.

Charlie Hamilton
Old 03-06-2023, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cham4359 View Post
I'm interested in the guitar. Is there any way I could hear it. Thanks,
I live in Long Beach, California.

Charlie Hamilton
Hi Charlie,
I don't have any recordings or recording equipment. There are a few KCJC videos out there, but none that have an Adi top. Eddie's Guitars has a video that showcases a Goodall Grand Concert cutaway with AAA Adi and AAA Koa that sounds very similar.

Dolphin Guitars' KCJC demo by Takayuki "Nishi" Nishiyama sounds as close as any I've found. It may have an Adi top, but I can't be sure.

The Dream Guitars 2000 KCJC video has a Sitka top and sounds similar--the difference being the expected tonal characteristics of Sitka vs Adirondack spruce. The Sitka is a little more mellow. The Adirondack has a little more edge, can be driven a bit harder, and is a little clearer.

Louis

Last edited by Five Fourths; 03-06-2023 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful Goodall available at a great price. TTT
Old 03-29-2023, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

Up, up, up to the top.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Lovely Goodall, I'm a big fan. I think you were right the first time about the year, it's from early 2006.

Here's the reference agf thread for Goodall serial #s by year

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=348316

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 03-30-2023, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Lovely Goodall, I'm a big fan. I think you were right the first time about the year, it's from early 2006.

Here's the reference agf thread for Goodall serial #s by year

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=348316
Thanks, Mr. Paul. That thread is where I got the 2006 date originally. But, the Goodall spec sheet with the guitar (pictured at the link) says 2008. I wonder if it was a typo.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Back to the top for the weekend.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars