The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Gotta love the memes lol!

Yup. It was almost Christmas in Cleveland- but not quite.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:26 PM

The Detroit Lions (Favored by 7 points) are in a state of shock this morning after losing 47-17 to the New York Jets. New whiz-bang coach, new GM, Brady Quinn both from Boston Pats no less, ALL phases of the game looked useless!. A decent college team would have done better last night. The Jets took a knee down at Detroit's 2 yard line in the last minutes or it could've been 7 points worse! In the after game interview, coach Patricia admitted they have some improving to do!

Fog
Old 09-12-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
The Detroit Lions (Favored by 7 points) are in a state of shock this morning after losing 47-17 to the New York Jets. New whiz-bang coach, new GM, Brady Quinn both from Boston Pats no less, ALL phases of the game looked useless!. A decent college team would have done better last night. The Jets took a knee down at Detroit's 2 yard line in the last minutes or it could've been 7 points worse! In the after game interview, coach Patricia admitted they have some improving to do!

Fog

I wanted to see Patricia do some work as a head coach and was rooting for the lions, just like any loyal pats fan will never ever root for the jets lol! But wow what happened on that third quarter?

And how was that Packers comeback? Wow just wow! Thy post interview with AR you can tell he was on some good pain killing stuff haha!
Old 09-12-2018, 04:27 AM

Only one former Belichick assistant has ever gone on to a successful head coaching career -- Nick Saban. None of the others have a record over .500.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:11 AM

Nick Saban SUCKED in the NFL----------he's done more than well in the college game though! Maybe it's a function of handling a bunch of millionaires vs. high school/college wannabe millionaires!

Me? I watch professional sports for entertainment only. The pro players (In all the big sports) move around for the lucrative contracts, no reason I should I get all worked up over the various teams! The various franchises' jobs are to fight/scramble around like "dogs on a gut wagon" for the TV, merchandise/ticket money and will move to the next city that will build them a tax payer financed stadium! The exception is the Green Bay bunch, that is "owned" by the locals,---but they have to "pay the piper" too, as evidenced by the recent QB Aaron Robert's contract!

Fog
Old 09-12-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I wanted to see Patricia do some work as a head coach and was rooting for the lions, just like any loyal pats fan will never ever root for the jets lol! But wow what happened on that third quarter?

And how was that Packers comeback? Wow just wow! Thy post interview with AR you can tell he was on some good pain killing stuff haha!

That was an amazing comeback. That pass to Allison in the end zone could not have been more perfect. The other two were fine, but Adams and Cobb did most of the work there. Amazing that the defense got going in the second half to make it possible. I could have killed Mathews on that roughing penalty on fourth down, first time his name was even mentioned the whole game and for that!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:

Fog
Bob Quinn.... Brady was the QB.

Quote:
Nick Saban SUCKED in the NFL----------he's done more than well in the college game though! Maybe it's a function of handling a bunch of millionaires vs. high school/college wannabe millionaires!

Me? I watch professional sports for entertainment only. The pro players (In all the big sports) move around for the lucrative contracts, no reason I should I get all worked up over the various teams! The various franchises' jobs are to fight/scramble around like "dogs on a gut wagon" for the TV, merchandise/ticket money and will move to the next city that will build them a tax payer financed stadium! The exception is the Green Bay bunch, that is "owned" by the locals,---but they have to "pay the piper" too, as evidenced by the recent QB Aaron Robert's contract!

Fog
Aaron Rogers.

Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That was an amazing comeback. That pass to Allison in the end zone could not have been more perfect. The other two were fine, but Adams and Cobb did most of the work there. Amazing that the defense got going in the second half to make it possible. I could have killed Mathews on that roughing penalty on fourth down, first time his name was even mentioned the whole game and for that!!!

I facepalmed hard on that one. That game would’ve ended right there if it wasn’t for that boneheaded move.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:09 PM

My Patriots are struggling against Jax right now.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
My Patriots are struggling against Jax right now.
My Jags are hustlin' against New England right now.

...hey neeto I had to gig today so can't go to game, but I never count out the Brady Bunch, they adjust so well in the 2nd half so I'm hoping cautiously for a Jags W...enjoy the 2nd half buddy! GO JAGZ Duuuuuuvaaaal
Old 09-16-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
My Jags are hustlin' against New England right now.

...hey neeto I had to gig today so can't go to game, but I never count out the Brady Bunch, they adjust so well in the 2nd half so I'm hoping cautiously for a Jags W...enjoy the 2nd half buddy! GO JAGZ Duuuuuuvaaaal

Momentum shifted for a while but the defense still allowed too many big plays. There was one key offside by Jax, but the NE player didn’t react to it. That could’ve been game-changing because it would’ve given NE a very important first down. Instead they had to punt and the next play Jax scored a 60+ yard TD pass. Game over after that.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Momentum shifted for a while but the defense still allowed too many big plays. There was one key offside by Jax, but the NE player didn’t react to it. That could’ve been game-changing because it would’ve given NE a very important first down. Instead they had to punt and the next play Jax scored a 60+ yard TD pass. Game over after that.
Right on, I was able to watch it...momentum shift by rookie turnover by Chark from LSU or else it might have gotten ugly. Still a fun game, nice to see Jagz win the AFC rematch, tho we still may see this game again post season so hang on! Duuuuuuuuuvaaaaaaal Cheers!
Old 09-16-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Right on, I was able to watch it...momentum shift by rookie turnover by Chark from LSU or else it might have gotten ugly. Still a fun game, nice to see Jagz win the AFC rematch, tho we still may see this game again post season so hang on! Duuuuuuuuuvaaaaaaal Cheers!

Haha yep we’ll meet again in the post season. Congrats on the win and ending the regular season dry spell!

My Pats will regroup, learn from their mistakes and come out stronger like they always do. They always lose a few games early in the season.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:40 PM

The Jags cheated, that’s why they won.
Isn’t that what most people say whenever the Pats win.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
The Jags cheated, that’s why they won.

Isn’t that what most people say whenever the Pats win.

Yep. A few of my friends were happier that the patriots lost more than their team winning. I think haters are hilarious.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic