The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post

Go Patriots!!
Yes, Go Pats!!
Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 AM

I'm more of a college fan (Go Buckeyes!) but my fantasy football team keeps me vaguely familiar with the NFL. Sounds like I missed an interesting game last night.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoker View Post
I'm more of a college fan (Go Buckeyes!) but my fantasy football team keeps me vaguely familiar with the NFL. Sounds like I missed an interesting game last night.
The 4th quarter was very good. The first 3 were sloppy, and very poorly executed. So bad that during the radio broadcast, when they do that bit about not replaying the game without the “expressed written consent of the National Football League”, Boomer Esiason quipped, “They don’t need to worry about that with this game...” and the other announced laughed for a good 20 seconds.

I think Boomer’s maybe having a little chat with the boss this morning. 😂
Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
The 4th quarter was very good. The first 3 were sloppy, and very poorly executed. So bad that during the radio broadcast, when they do that bit about not replaying the game without the “expressed written consent of the National Football League”, Boomer Esiason quipped, “They don’t need to worry about that with this game...” and the other announced laughed for a good 20 seconds.

I think Boomer’s maybe having a little chat with the boss this morning. 😂
The 4th quarter was decent compared to the rest of the game. It was similar to what an average NFL game feels like. I wouldn't call it that great though.

The whole game was one of the worst NFL games I've watched in a long time considering one is the defending champs and one played in the Superbowl two years ago. It was pretty abysmal.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 09-07-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoker View Post
Yes, Go Buckeyes! My NCAAF team too.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Is it too much to ask that if someone isn’t interested in a topic that they simply ignore it? Thanks.

Going to the Monday night opener, Rams @ Raiders myself. Not overly optimistic for my Raiders, particularly given the Mack turmoil, but I hope to see an improved offense and defense with the good draft and upgrades in coaching talent. Both schemes should be much better.

The Rams are flat out loaded with talent and coached well, however.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Curious about Deshaun Watson and how he'll do this year.
Fishman | Loudbox Mini | Primetone 1.0mm

"what is the universe? the universe is a symphony of vibrating strings.." -michio kaku

Last edited by Basalt Beach; 09-07-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: removed content
Old 09-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
The 4th quarter was decent compared to the rest of the game. It was similar to what an average NFL game feels like. I wouldn't call it that great though.

The whole game was one of the worst NFL games I've watched in a long time considering one is the defending champs and one played in the Superbowl two years ago. It was pretty abysmal.
And I'm watching the refs throw a flag for every little thing and then when there was a flagrant pass interference that even my grandfather in heaven saw, .... nothing. Same old..... "Well that was a good 'non-call' by the refs... " Well maybe the other 88 flags thrown could have been done without too....

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-08-2018, 02:57 AM

As a Bils fan I feel like we’re in for a looong season.....but who knows?
Old 09-08-2018, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Is it too much to ask that if someone isn’t interested in a topic that they simply ignore it? Thanks.
Seems like everyone so far is interested. Some people have simply commented that the first game was terrible, which it was.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
And I'm watching the refs throw a flag for every little thing and then when there was a flagrant pass interference that even my grandfather in heaven saw, .... nothing. Same old..... "Well that was a good 'non-call' by the refs... " Well maybe the other 88 flags thrown could have been done without too....

How was that amazing catch by Julio Jones called an incompletion, and after a challenge the ruling stood when it was very obvious he had control before going out of bounds?
Old 09-08-2018, 04:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Seems like everyone so far is interested. Some people have simply commented that the first game was terrible, which it was.
As did I. Some posts have been removed.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:11 AM

Still basking in the warm afterglow of Eagles>Pats …. haven't spoiled it with any other football input yet . Funny thing was, I was more or less ready to accept, and possibly embrace (or at least not puke at) some of the Greatest Everything Ever hyperbole if it had gone just a little bit differently, but this version of reality, where that talk got shut down... I like it , and I don't really want it to end. If I could watch replays of that game all season, I might not need to watch any other NFL, and I wasn't even an Eagles fan, particularly
Old 09-08-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Shelton View Post
Still basking in the warm afterglow of Eagles>Pats …. haven't spoiled it with any other football input yet . Funny thing was, I was more or less ready to accept, and possibly embrace (or at least not puke at) some of the Greatest Everything Ever hyperbole if it had gone just a little bit differently, but this version of reality, where that talk got shut down... I like it , and I don't really want it to end. If I could watch replays of that game all season, I might not need to watch any other NFL, and I wasn't even an Eagles fan, particularly

TB12 is the greatest thing ever GOAT hyperbole. He has absolutely nothing to prove at this point, even if he had a bad day that super bowl night against the Eagles. Did everyone already forget the 25 point deficit comeback in less than 20 minutes left in the game the previous super bowl already?
Old 09-08-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
TB12 is the greatest thing ever GOAT hyperbole. He has absolutely nothing to prove at this point, even if he had a bad day that super bowl night against the Eagles. Did everyone already forget the 25 point deficit comeback in less than 20 minutes left in the game the previous super bowl already?
Bad night in the Superbowl? He had 500+ passing yards, 3 TDs, and 0 Ints. Huh?
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s