The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Cool Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35' Sunburst View Post
Do you have coil taps on that bad boy? Is that a Kahler, Wilkinson, Vibromate type trem on there?
What started out to be a stock 1974 ES-345 (stereo) with a trapeze/floating tailpiece is now totally modified... to the point where any stock value has been nullified... and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Yes, coils taps on Seymour Duncan pickups (JB/bridge and PAT'59/board), a bypass switch where the old Varitone switch used to be... with all the capacitors and nonsense hanging off that Varitone switch, it's no wonder my guitar had far less output than my playing partner's Les Paul!

Yes, a Kahler locking nut tremolo unit... after trying everything to have the guitar hold tune, I finally resorted to this, and it has worked beautifully! Doesn't do a thing for the overall weight of the guitar, though...

Fatter fretwire, volume and tone pots that are smoother and more graduated. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, it's been neutered, too, so just mono now... the stereo thing "seemed" pretty cool at first, but got old really fast; I wasn't about to tote TWO amps around, even when I was a kid...

I was inspired to remove the pickguard when I first saw photos of Travis Bean guitars, and they didn't have them... I don't use the pickguard as a "rest" for my hand, and I think the guitar just looks much better, more balanced without it...

,,,and there you have it!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 12-15-2015, 04:13 PM

Real nice...it's great when you just make it all work for yourself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars