The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Better image of the new strat (American Ultra). Got the Boss Katana 50 mark ii for a starter amp. Seems great for now.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:57 PM

What a sweet Strat, Dirk. Does it say "Fender" and "Noiseless" on the pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Better image of the new strat (American Ultra). Got the Boss Katana 50 mark ii for a starter amp. Seems great for now.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:57 PM

I got mine together not too long ago for a photo shoot.
The Strat and the Les Paul on either end are my son's. He asked me to store them for the winter.
Electrics - 1.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 04-09-2020, 07:11 PM

Here's my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro with my Marshall Code 25 amp:

And the first electric I bought, a Yamaha Pacifica 112J with the Fender Champion 20 amp:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
G&L Tribute Fallout
Squier 50's Classic Vibe Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Old 04-09-2020, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What a sweet Strat, Dirk. Does it say "Fender" and "Noiseless" on the pickups?
Yes indeed, and thanks! This photo captures the color a bit better, even getting that slight mint green of the pickguard.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg View Post
The Strat and the Les Paul on either end are my son's. He asked me to store them for the winter.
Attachment 35794
Quite a grand gesture on your part.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:27 AM

You've got a great son! Great family pic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg View Post
<<snippet pic>>
Old 04-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Yes indeed, and thanks! This photo captures the color a bit better, even getting that slight mint green of the pickguard.
Interesting I was wondering if the green cast was a reflection or the actual color

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-10-2020, 08:14 AM

Wife is working from home. All quiet here, strictly acoustic for now!
Attachment 35817
Attachment 35818

Last edited by Chickee; 07-08-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Smile Eady Electric Guitar

Here is my newly acquired Matt Eady EG Pro electric guitar and Carr Skylark amplifier. I am also a cable junkie and the instrument cable is by Evidence Audio. The Eady has a gorgeous flamed redwood top and solid mahogany body. The pickups are custom/OEM Arcane humbuckers.

I had been searching for a really nice electric guitar for over a year, and looked at guitars by Collings, Breedlove, Gibson, PRS, and a few boutique builders. I found some really nice ones, and came very close to pulling the trigger a few times, but I couldn't find a guitar that had everything I wanted. I was only planning on buying one electric guitar, so I didn't want to compromise on my ideal specifications. During my guitar search, I came across a pre-owned Eady EG Pro at The Music Emporium. This model had everything I was looking for, but had a little more wear and tear than I wanted. I called Matt Eady, and he was just finishing up on a gorgeous guitar that had not been sold yet. After talking to Matt and seeing photos of the finished guitar, I was sold.

After getting the guitar, I was amazed at how good the woodworking and finish was. Matt had previously worked at the Gibson custom shop and Benedetto guitars for ten years.

With my lifetime guitar in hand, I started my search for the ideal home amplifier to pair with it. I definitely wanted an amp with a low wattage option or attenuator. After trying several, I was fortunate enough to find a minty pre-owned Carr Skylark amplifier at my local guitar shop (Rainbow Guitars in Tucson, AZ). This Skylark had the older Celestion A-Type speaker, and I compared this for quite a while against a new Skylark with the Eminence Nailhead speaker. I definitely preferred the older speaker, so I bought the pre-owned Skylark on the spot.

Here is another photo of the figured redwood top on my Eady EG Pro:

If anyone is searching for a high end electric guitar, I cannot recommend Matt Eady enough! For what you get, his pricing is great too.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

Last edited by Cocobolo Kid; 04-13-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:00 PM

A Blues Cube Hot has replaced this amp but I still love this little Fender.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
Here is my newly acquired Matt Eady EG Pro electric guitar and Carr Skylark amplifier. I am also a cable junkie and the instrument cable is by Evidence Audio. The Eady has a gorgeous flamed redwood top and solid mahogany body. The pickups are custom/OEM Arcane humbuckers.

I had been searching for a really nice electric guitar for over a year, and looked at guitars by Collings, Breedlove, Gibson, PRS, and a few boutique builders. I found some really nice ones, and came very close to pulling the trigger a few times, but I couldn't find a guitar that had everything I wanted. I was only planning on buying one electric guitar, so I didn't want to compromise on my ideal specifications. During my guitar search, I came across a pre-owned Eady EG Pro at The Music Emporium. This model had everything I was looking for, but had a little more wear and tear than I wanted. I called Matt Eady, and he was just finishing up on a gorgeous guitar that had not been sold yet. After talking to Matt and seeing photos of the finished guitar, I was sold.

After getting the guitar, I was amazed at how good the woodworking and finish was. Matt had previously worked at the Gibson custom shop and Benedetto guitars for ten years.

With my lifetime guitar in hand, I started my search for the ideal home amplifier to pair with it. I definitely wanted an amp with a low wattage option or attenuator. After trying several, I was fortunate enough to find a minty pre-owned Carr Skylark amplifier at my local guitar shop (Rainbow Guitars in Tucson, AZ). This Skylark had the older Celestion A-Type speaker, and I compared this for quite a while against a new Skylark with the Eminence Nailhead speaker. I definitely preferred the older speaker, so I bought the pre-owned Skylark on the spot.
If anyone is searching for a high end electric guitar, I cannot recommend Matt Eady enough! For what you get, his pricing is great too.
Wow absolutely gorgeous
I am particularly struck by the woodwork in matching the top where there is a seam visible below the bridge but not between the pickups and no other seam transition noticeable. very cool ....

But I do see the glaring problematic contradiction, Given your user name and that the top is redwood there is rift in your cosmos. : I would be willing to step up and make the sacrifice and take the incongruous guitar off your hands.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-27-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Wow absolutely gorgeous
I am particularly struck by the woodwork in matching the top where there is a seam visible below the bridge but not between the pickups and no other seam transition noticeable. very cool ....

But I do see the glaring problematic contradiction, Given your user name and that the top is redwood there is rift in your cosmos. : I would be willing to step up and make the sacrifice and take the incongruous guitar off your hands.
Kev - great eye!
Cocobolo Kid, great lifetime rig.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:08 PM

My PRS SE Tremonti Standard

Old 05-01-2020, 11:30 PM
Charter Member

Smile Eady EG Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Wow absolutely gorgeous

Well, that made me laugh Kev! I have to admit that when I first called Matt Eady to inquire about him building me an electric guitar, I did have a figured Cocobolo top in mind. I'm sure Matt could have acquired a nice piece of Cocobolo, but when he told me about the figured redwood topped electric guitar he had on his bench, I was intrigued and it had every single feature and spec I was looking for, down to scale length, fingerboard radius, type of tuner, pickup type, fixed bridge, etc. I also have an affinity for redwood as I lived most of my life in Northern California, and have fond childhood memories of vacationing in redwood country. When Matt sent me the photos, it was a done deal. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the redwood top was, as was the rest of the guitar! It plays and sounds every bit as good as it looks. Matt is a professional finisher now, so the finish on the guitar is absolutely perfect too. It has a very subtle burst on the top.

So, as generous as your offer is Kev, I think I will keep this one for quite a while.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Kev - great eye!
Cocobolo Kid, great lifetime rig.
Thanks so much Dru.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars