The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
In that case they would be on their own, but still in very, very good hands with Rainsong. As it turns out, I just found out the OP bought this guitar from us, so he's got more than enough eyes on this.
Thanks Ted, I knew you would be a good one to ask. I was really wondering what I should do if I ever had a problem- my Rainsong was purchased through MacNichol. Incidentally I just heard from RS customer service today regarding an issue I'm having with a stripped screw. They responded as soon as they got back from NAMM. Great people, great customer service, killer guitars. What's not to like?
Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Thanks Ted, I knew you would be a good one to ask. I was really wondering what I should do if I ever had a problem- my Rainsong was purchased through MacNichol. Incidentally I just heard from RS customer service today regarding an issue I'm having with a stripped screw. They responded as soon as they got back from NAMM. Great people, great customer service, killer guitars. What's not to like?
My pleasure, Sean. And yes, Rainsong is one of the best when it comes customer service. In fact, Dave, Rainsongs Sales Manager, just emailed me to let me know that they found the problem wit the OP's guitar, it was a loose bridge nut that didn't feel lose. The OP was able to tighten it, and the buzz is gone.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 PM

As a Rainsong owner I see the excellent outcome for the OP and the attention paid by both Rainsong and LA Guitar Sales as nothing short of extremely positive. My Shorty came from a different authorized dealer of excellent reputation, and I'm certain that any of us who own and play Rainsong instruments can count on equally exemplary customer service. Well done, and well appreciated even if vicariously.
Pisgah Woodchuck open back banjo
A few parts built Telecasters
Fender Thinline Cabronita Tele
Fessenden D10 Pedal steel
1954 National lap steel
George Boards Weissenborn clone
Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
My pleasure, Sean. And yes, Rainsong is one of the best when it comes customer service. In fact, Dave, Rainsongs Sales Manager, just emailed me to let me know that they found the problem wit the OP's guitar, it was a loose bridge nut that didn't feel lose. The OP was able to tighten it, and the buzz is gone.
Wow, an item that has been eliminated from the list of likely culprits surfaces to be the guilty party. A nice ending that has taught us all, persistency is always good for our desired result.
I hope we learned.
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat

Last edited by Finger Stylish; 01-28-2016 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:31 AM

OP here, just wanted to post a final update. As Ted said above, the issue has been resolved! It was hard problem for me to nail down because it was a rattling washer underneath one of the nuts holding down the bridge. When I would reach inside to feel all the nuts they were all tight (unable to be moved by hand at least) and I was unable to really feel the washers underneath them. Dave from Rainsong talked me through a few diagnostic procedures and we pretty quickly determined that it had to be one of those washers.

A few quick turns with a wrench and the problem was resolved! A big thanks to Ted at LA Guitar Sales for putting me in contact with Dave and a big thanks to Dave at Rainsong for walking me through everything and giving me the confidence to wrench down on those nuts without feeling like I was going to break something.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 AM

Community action.

A wonderful concept.

Glad you're finally ready to play without frustration.
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
buzz, buzz noise, buzzing, rainsong