The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 01-21-2021, 10:30 PM

Default Carvin SB5000 bass sold

I know I値l regret selling this one. I only own two basses. I gigged with this for a few years before my wife surprised me with a stunning musicman. I stopped gigging last month and at 62, do not believe I値l be back playing in a band again. Only keeping one bass. No reason for this one to sit around doing nothing. It need to be played and adored!

I知 the second owner. The original owner had two and this one was his back up with almost no playing time on it. He tried to buy it back from me a few times but I wasn稚 willing to let it go.

So I値l tell you what I know. Stunning sea foam green color that in the right light omits a blue hue. I have no idea why but it does. Always get complements on how this one looks. Passive/ active electronics. I only played in passive which is plenty hot and gives you an unlimited sound possibilities. Birdseye maple fretboard with MOP dots. MOP caps on vol/tone controls too. Has a new set of Chrome flats on it I used for some home COVID recordings. Normally I would have EB rounds. Both strings sound great. Fast neck, great action, very fun to play. Comes with original hard shell case.

Only on defect on the whole bass, a small scratch on the top edge. It show in one of the pictures. Barely visible unless your right on the bass. Does not show at all while your wearing it. I知 a mature player with a light touch and take care of my stuff.

I致e owner a couple Carvin basses and other equipment. Always pleased with the quaility.

ohh. This will be the 1st question someone asks. 9.7 lbs on the bath scale. I will answer any questions you may have the best I can. You can get more reliable info on carvin SB5000 basses over on Talk Bass forum.

No hurry to sell. You cannot buy these anymore and this one is very special. No out of county sales.

Price $ 1050.00 plus $ 50.00 shipping conus. PayPal OK

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com

Last edited by mike o; 01-25-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Sold

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other