The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 PM

Default NGD RainSong CH-WS Pure Acoustic

I bought a CH Parlor last summer when MF emailed me a coupon and I had a weak moment with a mouse in my hand. I imagined it was likely to go back but ended up gigging exclusively with it since it arrived (Mi-Si Trio installed by me) and taking it on several trips. The Parlor far exceeds the projection I expect for such a small instrument, the 12 fret neck is quite comfortable, the cut-away makes the 12 fret neck no problem for leads, it is a better fit to a duo gig in some restaurant where they remove a single 4-top for us to play, it fits in a 3/4 sized hard case which is airline carry-on friendly, and I like the subtle styling (a satin finish where the CF is woven looks much better to me). The only downside was it became a problem going back and forth between the 12 fret neck with nearly invisible position dots, and my 14 fret dreadnought for acoustic jams. So I solved that problem by going exclusively 12 fret!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VB...sl3Jb5VLEx7Poh

The tone is big, loud, and full. The feel in my lap is not as far off the parlor as a dreadnought. The build quality is excellent. I have a good eye for detail and RainSong continues to step up their game. Not a loose thread of CF to be found and the weave is all perfectly aligned.

Ted and Helene at LA Guitars did not have one in-stock but got one to me in less than two weeks. I've got nothing but good things to say about their service.

Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 01-29-2018, 01:52 PM

Good story... the CH series is great..I like mine... a lot!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-29-2018, 02:05 PM

Nice acquisition. I would be all over the C-H series too, just based on the specs, the glowing reports here, and the price. But I'm already set with four CF guitars. My herd is nothing like Kramster's stable, though. He's better stocked than most stores...... and maybe ANY store with CF guitars.

As to position dots, there are stick-ons "inlays" that you can get on-line that reportedly do not look terrible. Search some threads around here....
I'm considering a rosette for my Lucky 13 to spice it up a little.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Guest 928

Jon;

Nice report. I sounds like you may have gotten it down to one guitar.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Jon! Looks like those two will compliment each other nicely. Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2018, 05:15 PM

Nice Jon! I love an acoustic you can hang on the wall and walk away from with zero regard to "care". The next time you return the wall art just screams play me!
Old 01-29-2018, 05:19 PM

I've got the CH-WS with electronics, and I'm pretty happy with mine. Not sure how much difference the preamp makes for just acoustic playing, but hopefully I'll have reason to plug mine in eventually.

Do you feel like you've still got the same acoustic "power" as you had with the dread? The WS is a pretty big body, not quite as large as a dread, but I feel like the carbon "boost" more than makes up the difference compared to my dread.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG50 View Post
Do you feel like you've still got the same acoustic "power" as you had with the dread? The WS is a pretty big body, not quite as large as a dread, but I feel like the carbon "boost" more than makes up the difference compared to my dread.
Seems to be the equal of an H-DR with a more comfortable feel. It might actually have a bit more low end.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber