The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Emerald shipping policy

So, I just tried to order an in-stock X-20 Artisan. After I put it into my shopping cart, a $55 shipping fee was added to the cost of the guitar.

However, an Emerald response to a FAQ says shipping is included in the quoted prices. I cancelled the order and sent an email requesting clarification.

I figure someone in here knows whether the shopping cart or the FAQ is correct.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:09 PM
Guest 928

K20C;

I'd do what you are doing. But I'd also consider the thought: In for a penny, in for a pound. I hope you get things to your satisfaction.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 PM
Charter Member

Unless things have changed, the price includes "world wide shipping." (As per Emerald's site) My two Emerald purchases were exactly as priced on their site. I would imagine contacting them directly would get you an answer. Hope the shipping question doesn't keep you from getting that X20.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Unless things have changed, the price includes "world wide shipping." (As per Emerald's site) My two Emerald purchases were exactly as priced on their site. I would imagine contacting them directly would get you an answer. Hope the shipping question doesn't keep you from getting that X20.
Actually, I just remembered.....following an email exchange I had with Sean of Emerald within the past couple of weeks, he mentioned that due to higher costs, Emerald is now charging for shipping, and I recall the amount of $55.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

I heard from Sean overnight. He explained Emerald now charges a flat rate for the shipping cost.

He also confirmed that their FAQ states shipping cost is included in the quoted price of the guitar, which is now, of course, in error.

So, Sean said he corrected the FAQ and would honor the free shipping for my order. I now have a black X-20 Artisan en route.😊
Old 01-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Guest 928

K20C;

Good! I look forward to future reports.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20C View Post
I heard from Sean overnight. He explained Emerald now charges a flat rate for the shipping cost.

He also confirmed that their FAQ states shipping cost is included in the quoted price of the guitar, which is now, of course, in error.

So, Sean said he corrected the FAQ and would honor the free shipping for my order. I now have a black X-20 Artisan en route.😊
Glad to hear that Emerald took care of you with the website inconsistency. They are great to deal with - looking forward to reading your impressions with the X20 when it arrives... they are an outstanding instrument!

Congrats on the soon-to-happen NGD!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Excellent... great customer service!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Glad to hear that Emerald took care of you with the website inconsistency. They are great to deal with - looking forward to reading your impressions with the X20 when it arrives... they are an outstanding instrument!

Congrats on the soon-to-happen NGD!

Ditto! Emerald’s commitment to customer care is second to none.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:03 PM

Anyone know if shipping charges will be applied to orders made from last year?
Old 01-26-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I should find out within a couple weeks when my new X20 ships. It's been a long wait!
Old 01-26-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
I would very much expect Emerald have more class than to try and stick another fifty bucks on to a done deal.
__________________________________________________ ________

Hey Gary ! Congratulations ! An Artisan in BLACK is a pretty classy order ,
I think most people that go for the upgrade over an Opus choose a colour, just cuz you can.

(I got a red X7 myself, - it pretty much looks black most of the time anyway, as does the green one my pal’s got.)

They are beautiful guitars, you’re gonna love it.

EDIT: Just noticed that you have an Amicus, so you already know how beautifully made and finished they are.

Last edited by Long Jon; 01-26-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:34 PM

Default another data point

FWIW, Sean told me that shipping a guitar from Ireland to Idaho last spring was about $90, and that is what I paid USPS to ship the Chimaera in a gig bag back to Emerald after a week's trial. (A great guitar, it just didn't work out for me and my old injuries / physical limitations. I actually insisted that they deduct the original $90 shipping from the refund, which is how I know the amount).

It was a similar cost shipping my X20-12 in a hard case to me in November, but that guitar was already paid in full for before shipping. I'm sure they will treat you right -- they are a class act there in Donegal. A $55 shipping fee would not really influence my decision either way on a purchase of this magnitude.

Irrelevant edit: I just crossed the 5000 post mark!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:15 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
FWIW, Sean told me that shipping a guitar from Ireland to Idaho last spring was about $90, and that is what I paid USPS to ship the Chimaera in a gig bag back to Emerald after a week's trial. (A great guitar, it just didn't work out for me and my old injuries / physical limitations. I actually insisted that they deduct the original $90 shipping from the refund, which is how I know the amount).

It was a similar cost shipping my X20-12 in a hard case to me in November, but that guitar was already paid in full for before shipping. I'm sure they will treat you right -- they are a class act there in Donegal. A $55 shipping fee would not really influence my decision either way on a purchase of this magnitude.

Irrelevant edit: I just crossed the 5000 post mark!
Ha! I noticed that in another thread you posted to as you hit the 5k mark bang on. Way to go, Earl!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:48 PM

Thanks, Tom. Reaching 5,000 posts is probably a sign that I spend WAY too much time around here. It has proven expensive too -- I would not know about Emerald if not for AGF, and probably would not own two Blackbird instruments either (I was at least aware of Blackbird before joining here from my 2010 NAMM show visit).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber