The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludere View Post
I have been doing some research into amplification, digital interfaces, and recording gear lately and the research I've done indicates that while Behringer gets a bad rap / negative reviews on some of their products, other things they offer are very well received....

The primary negative against Behringer is their history of unethical business practices, not so much the products themselves. To many people, this means that they won't do business with this company, while many others take it in stride.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
I was wondering about that myself. The house mixer is too far away from me to access it while I'm playing, so I run an XLR cable from one of the out sockets on my mixer to an input XLR on the house mixer. I didn't want to mess with their house setup (mixer to powered speakers) any more than necessary. How do you set them up as slave and master mixers?
On my mixers there's a button on the backside near the left XLR out. I don't have the manual with me but in it is instructions on which position of the button is Slave/Master.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 12-11-2018, 06:23 AM

Thank you, Irish Pennant.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:53 PM

My go to active preamp DI box is an LR Baggs Parra Acoustic DI, @Mr Bojangles. I've owned and performed with it for a long time. That being said, I own and use two Behringer ADI21's, 1 Behringer GDI21 and one Behringer BDI21 and they all perform great, especially for their price point. The Behringer ADI21 has a Blend control that simulates a tube preamp microphone that brings out that punch that many acoustic electric guitar players desire to get their instrumentals pleasantly through the mix. In addition, a small mixer such as the battery/AC powered Behringer 1002B helps to achive the boost and EQ you desire.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:44 PM

I had one, and it worked well with my K&K, and it allowed me to control EQ. I recently moved to a ToneDexter, however, which I much prefer, but it's $400 instead of $30.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification