The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2020, 12:09 AM

Default Acoustic Remedy Wall Cases Arrived

After much investigation into humidified display cases, I found Acoustic Remedy. They seemed to be well made, with lots of wood choices.
When I saw them go on sale, it was time to buy a pair! They arrived this evening, so I only had the opportunity to unpack, inspect, and dust them off. Very nice!

They are walnut, wall mount, and have LED lights that are held magnetically at the top. They use the Boveda packs to maintain humidity at 40-50%. I haven’t used these before, so have a bit of research to do on best practices.
I’m glad to find the manufacturer used 2” styrofoam padding (which I can use for home remodeling LOL).

Upon unpacking you can see the quality. The woods, finish, and attention to detail are amazing. The headstock mounting system has two separate threaded locations, and three wall mounting spots. Of course, you are provided the toggles if you cannot locate on a stud. Included is the aforementioned LED light and hygrometer (both have magnetic mounts on the device and inside the cabinet).

Hopefully I’ll have a chance to install tomorrow, but here’s a couple pics in the meantime.

Martin Custom Authentic 000-28 1937

Martin 1944 00-18
Old 02-13-2020, 05:59 AM

Congrats, you are going to enjoy those cases. I’ve had floor standing model since the end of November and it has done an excellent job on humidity control.

It may take a few days for the interiors to stabilize, after that you are set.
I’ve been recharging my humidipaks as needed.

Enjoy.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:01 AM
Charter Member

They look nice!
Old 02-13-2020, 06:37 AM

Those are nice. I see another potential woodworking project.
2019 Takamine GD93
2022 Takamine GJ72CE 6-String
2022 Cort GA-QF CBB
1963 Gibson SG
2016 Kala uke
Dean A style mandolin. (Year unknown)
Lotus L80 (1984ish)
Plus a few lower end I have had for years
Old 02-13-2020, 07:03 AM

excellent, looking forward to the "installed and in use" photos!!!
Old 02-13-2020, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I have always wondered about those. They look very nice.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-13-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
I have always wondered about those. They look very nice.

Best,
Jayne
At $900 - $1500 a piece they darn well better be!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:16 AM

Nice. I've been thinking about making my own, lots of examples out there.

The piano hinge looks like the easiest way to go but, an invisible hinge is also enticing. I was also thinking about some ribbon LED's to light up the whole inside while being hidden. hmmmm...

I carefully disassembled a 100 year, taller upright piano to save all the wood (ebony and ivory too). Lots of nice pieces to work with from the outer structure. Broke my heart to do it, but the piano needed too much work. You can get pianos for free all over the place. Great place for poker straight wood. However they are CRAZY heavy, so you need a truck, heavy duty straps and some friends up for adventure

Like many here, I've got some guitars that sound good AND look good. It's a shame to have them hidden all the time.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:40 AM

Great cases. Would by them immediatly if i can find a supplier in Europe but I can't.
So I have to build my own - or better let it build by someone who knows how to do it better than me.
How are the doors sealed to prevent the inside from huminity leakage?
Old 02-13-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
Great cases. Would by them immediatly if i can find a supplier in Europe but I can't.
So I have to build my own - or better let it build by someone who knows how to do it better than me.
How are the doors sealed to prevent the inside from huminity leakage?
There is a gasket that runs the perimeter of the door, it compresses when the door is closed. Additional pressure is applied to the door seal when the latches are shut. They are spring loaded , guaranteed tight seal.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:45 PM

It's not nearly as nice and has no auto humidity control but a $53 it might be worth a look: https://www.muffeale.com/large-acous...hoCTrMQAvD_BwE
Old 02-13-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
At $900 - $1500 a piece they darn well better be!
Consider that the others I checked out - mostly armoire based - were closer to $4k, these were a great compromise of quality and price.

My guitars are worth it; they were sitting in cases taking up floor space. The room looks more spacious now!

Martin 1944 00-18
Old 02-13-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
Nice. I've been thinking about making my own, lots of examples out there.

The piano hinge looks like the easiest way to go but, an invisible hinge is also enticing. I was also thinking about some ribbon LED's to light up the whole inside while being hidden. hmmmm...

I carefully disassembled a 100 year, taller upright piano to save all the wood (ebony and ivory too). Lots of nice pieces to work with from the outer structure. Broke my heart to do it, but the piano needed too much work. You can get pianos for free all over the place. Great place for poker straight wood. However they are CRAZY heavy, so you need a truck, heavy duty straps and some friends up for adventure

Like many here, I've got some guitars that sound good AND look good. It's a shame to have them hidden all the time.
That would be quite a great project! The LED on the AR light mounts magnetically from the top, and is more than bright enough. Myself, I wouldn't want any more light. Perhaps if the rope light you mention were low-output to provide a mild glow?

Martin 1944 00-18

Last edited by TJNies; 02-13-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubeamps View Post
There is a gasket that runs the perimeter of the door, it compresses when the door is closed. Additional pressure is applied to the door seal when the latches are shut. They are spring loaded , guaranteed tight seal.
Thank you, Tom. I'm getting new windows in my house and will ask the carpenter if can can make a few of similar cases.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Do these have special UV filtering glass?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion