The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 04:35 PM

Default Opinions on Martin 000RSGT?

greetings

i'm thinking about trading one of my electric guitars (worth around $1000 in reverb.com) for a 000rsgt, which seems to be in pretty good shape.

any input will be highly appreciated. i play instrumental music (fingerstyle, smooth jazz, blues etc.) and from what i've seen in youtube, i like the sound of the instrument, but unfortunately i'm not able to try it myself before it's shipped to me.

a little info about me: i use 13-58 strings. a deep tone and a bassy sound is important to me. and i usually go with a quality mic directly to the PA rather than amp sounds. all in all i need an organic, natural sounding guitar with a good sustain.

anyways, if anyone has any experience with this guitar, please enlighten me.

thank you..

Last edited by Lodos; 09-23-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:46 PM

I tried out a very good example in shop a few months ago - since then I’ve noticed quite a pronounced variation among the current 12 and 13 Road Series dreads in shop, so I think with the 000 version it all comes down to the individual instrument - some can be a big hit, others not so, FWIW
Old 01-22-2020, 06:59 PM
AGF Administrator

Based on your "about me" I think you'll be a bit disappointed with that guitar and you might be better off looking for a dreadnought. As well, if you're trading an electric worth $1,000 for that guitar, you'd be getting a bad deal unless it were brand new.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion