The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-21-2019, 07:18 AM

Default Budget friendly PA on sale

The Kustom PA50 has proved to be a good alternative to some other column systems, or a first acoustic amp for those on a tight budget. It has two channels with an XLR or 1/4" input, plus a third with a 1/8" input. No effects at all, but the XLR channels do put out enough to run a condenser mic. Anyway, MF and a few other retailers currently have it on sale for $69.99 ($30 off the $99.99 retail price). I own two of these. One is in my room at school hooked up to my Yamaha AG06 mixer. The other one is hooked up to my bedroom TV as my "soundbar." I have used this as a stand alone unit and it works well for that. I have also paired two with the matching 12" sub and it makes a really great portable PA when matched with a mixer. The sub is only $200 or so if I remember right. So for under $400, you could get a system with 4 XLR inputs two 1/8" inputs and a 12" sub. The units are linkable and have a subwoofer output jack. For the size, the bass response is quite good and it gets surprisingly loud.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:31 AM

Or buy one of these for less than $400. A Gemini 300BT

Last edited by RockerDuck; 12-21-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
The Kustom PA50 has proved to be a good alternative to some other column systems, or a first acoustic amp for those on a tight budget. It has two channels with an XLR or 1/4" input, plus a third with a 1/8" input. No effects at all, but the XLR channels do put out enough to run a condenser mic. Anyway, MF and a few other retailers currently have it on sale for $69.99 ($30 off the $99.99 retail price). I own two of these. One is in my room at school hooked up to my Yamaha AG06 mixer. The other one is hooked up to my bedroom TV as my "soundbar." I have used this as a stand alone unit and it works well for that. I have also paired two with the matching 12" sub and it makes a really great portable PA when matched with a mixer. The sub is only $200 or so if I remember right. So for under $400, you could get a system with 4 XLR inputs two 1/8" inputs and a 12" sub. The units are linkable and have a subwoofer output jack. For the size, the bass response is quite good and it gets surprisingly loud.
I use one as my personal PA in the garage, been thinking of buying the battery powered on for busking, parties. Etcc,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification