The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Default The waiting is the hardest part

I've been thinking about this a long time, and finally placed an order for an Emerald X20 this morning. I specified no pickup, and just the gigbag - about as close to Opus trim (and price) as you can currently get.

Now I have to wait what will seem an interminable 3 months for delivery... in the meantime, I'll be wearing out these pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X20 Amber (Ele) Art_31 as Smart Object-1.jpg (24.4 KB, 310 views)
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Congrats, the wait goes pretty quick. As long as you don't think about it. LOL Mine was delivered a couple weeks earlier than promised. Hope your's is too...
Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! I totally get "the wait" thing; on the bright side: you are going to have one fine guitar! The X20 is worth the wait. Hope the time passes fast for you.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:21 PM

I feel your pain... My Opus X7 just got another month tacked on to the wait period. Luckily it’s summer and I’ve got lots to keep me busy.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwild View Post
Luckily it’s summer and I’ve got lots to keep me busy.
Likewise - it'll be September before we know it!

This will be a real treat for me. Like many here, I've been playing for a long time, and have gone through a lot of instruments. I've owned my 1963 Martin 0-16NY for over 30 years, and it's my pride and joy, but, other than that, have never owned a really good acoustic guitar. My first encounter with CF was an original CA Cargo at the Podium years ago; that so nearly went home with me. Then, some time later, I played a Rainsong (don't recall which model) in my local GC, which was just astonishing. Not the right time, though. Then I found Emerald, and have been quietly plotting ever since.

So, finally ready, I was about to pull the trigger on an X20 Opus, and they discontinued it! I enquired about getting the Artisan without the pickup, and with just a gigbag (after noticing that the new X30 offered those options), and they cheerfully quoted me a price. And here we are
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM

I paid the deposit on the Ziricote Cross April 3rd and no estimated completion date yet. I have the impression that he's going to take great care ensuring the 'Soon To Be World Famous - Emerald Ruby Cross' is exceptional.

Waiting is tough. But, I have to believe it's gonna be worth it.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Guest 928

Oh, the wait! Lesser men have despaired. And it is a long wait, an ocean of wait, a tower of babble, fake news, and no news. I feel your pain. Maybe pick up a temporary hobby to take up your worry time?
Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Nice plotting!... and buy... if it helps I am playing my X-20 right now...it says Hi with... believe it or not... a wee bit of an Irish accent of all things.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-23-2018, 04:23 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations!... and my condolences!

Three months is nothing. I was quoted 5 months and it was delayed an additional 3. Talk about waiting. I don't wait well.

But it will be worth the wait.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post

Three months is nothing. I was quoted 5 months and it was delayed an additional 3. Talk about waiting. I don't wait well.

Thanks for that data point. I've been starting to get paranoid (without substance abuse).
Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

I have to think that they are working on the new models and customs as fast as maintaining the exceptional quality will allow... since the announcement of the new models just over 3 weeks ago, I haven't seen any "in stock" regular (my definition, meaning: X7, X10, X20, X30) models offered for sale, yet.

Evan may be the only person here who seems OK (outwardly) with the wait. Scott (Methos) has one of the most striking veneers I've seen... I understand how seeing that on arrival could make one feel "it was worth it."

So, in the spirit of this thread: does discussing the wait make it easier... or harder?
Old 06-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Nice choice David and the wait is difficult. I ordered the Flow Bass in 2016 and the wait ended up being 9 months. It was worth it. The best bass I've ever owned and I have had many.

I retired from gigging 9 months ago and we were asked to do a gig tonight so I will be using it one more time.

Hopefully the picture will get you through. -- Darwin
Old 06-23-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post

Ouch! :0
That X20 is a beauty though. No doubt it'll be worth the wait.
I contacted Emerald about a time estimate for my guitar and they told me that it's slated for production next week but their production staff is gonna go on vacation for the first two weeks of July. As summer always goes by too fast, I'm not wishing to speed by the fun times in great weather. I do have a big outdoor gig at the end of July that I was hoping to have the guitar for but oh well.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Guest 928

Captain;

Yes, I am very much OK with the wait by others. It is sort of fascinating to see how different people handle anticipation. One of my mentors (actually a tormentor) argued that people work best with a high level of anxiety. Such anxiety might be leading to some extraordinary guitar playing.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

My delay was the result of a couple different things - it was the first V neck they had ever done and Alistair was working on it himself from a mold I provided but he also had commitments and was traveling a lot.

After that there was the shipping fiasco where a large shipment of their guitars came up missing in the system in US Customs. It was right around Christmas so the assumption was that it was just a matter of holiday overload combined with the USPS's awesome state-of-the-art (he said, sarcastically) tracking system.

In my defense, I warned Sean when I placed the order that "I don't wait well..." I even apologized in advance. But like I said, I've been delighted with the guitar in every way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber